Chapter Thirteen

Don't mind the media, I just felt like putting that there. Also it's been a while... Here's the next Chapter. Enjoy.

C Y R U S

    This is the part where I make a big scene as a result of what happened to me today.

This is the part of the story where I go to the kitchen with tears spilling out of my eyes like  a waterfall. Anxiously searching though draws to find and pull  out the knife with the sharpest blade only to start cutting myself.

Right?

No, I'm not doing that. I'm tired of having meltdowns. I don't want anyone staring at me. I don't want anyone asking me if I'm okay. I don't even want the sympathy.

That's why everything that happened today I'm just going to forget it.

Yes, that's what I'm going to do.
I'm just going to get on with my life and take it, because there's no giving it back.

I can't change what happened to me.

No one can.

I sat at on my bedroom floor with my laptop in my lap. I went to my video chat icon and tried Buffy.

It rang and when she answered I could tell she was in the middle of something. She had on a face mask and her hair in a towel. "Cyrus!" She sounded happy, so I was relieved. Normally she's ready to fight someone. "Hey." I answered back with a curious look on my face. "Are you really having a spa day with out me and Andi?"

She laughed, "My mom came home from overseas. She only here for a few days, so I'm spending as much time with her as possible. Today we're doing facials, hair, make up and then we're going to the Spoon to get smoothies. You want to join us?." I never knew how contagious her smile was, "Uh no, it's you and your mom's day. I wouldn't want to ruin that." Her eyes lit up, "It's really no problem. Invite Andi and Jonah for me please? I'll get in touch with Marty." Wow she's really happy. I wouldn't mind seeing her like this more. She'll finally be nice to me.

I nodded. She was about to click off, "I'll get a hold of Marty ASAP."

"Wait!" She froze.

"What?"  A look of confusion appeared on her face. "Before you video chat Marty you might want to..." I gesture at my face. Her eyes widened, "Oh my gosh Cyrus, thank you. Your are the best." She grabbed the towel closest to he grasped and wiped the mask off her face. "Is it off?" I nodded.

"Great!"Then she hung up on the chat.

"Okay, this is good. I'm going out. With my friends." I took deep breaths and then clicked the Andi video chat.

"Cyrus! What's up?" She grinned.
"Do you have any plans?" I questioned.
-----------------------------------------------------

It was around six thirty when  Andi and I arrive at the Spoon. It was our first time, we've never met Buffy's mom before. This is kind of a big deal. "Mom these are my best friends Cyrus Goodman and Andi Mack. Guys this is my mom Sierra Discroll."

We smiled, both of us taking turns shaking Mrs.Discroll's hand. "It's nice to finally meet my daughters friends." She nodded.

Buffy took a sip of her milkshake, before looked at the entrance way. "Oh mom, here he comes my boyfriend, Marty."

Mrs.Discroll stares at Marty, looking him up and down. Mrs. Discroll seemed to be taking mental notes out loud, "Tall. pants all the way up, not sagging. Handsome smile." She turns to her daughter, "So far so good."

Marty does look kind of handsome today... I guess.

Now for most important part. Marty walked over to our table, he extended his hand out shaking Buffy's mom's hand, "Hi, You must be Mrs.Discroll. I'm Marty. I'm the guy your daughter is seeing." He smiles sitting between Buffy and I. It wasn't even five minutes and Mrs.Discroll turns to Buffy and says, "Approved."

We iddmediatly we all started laughing. Even Marty caught on to what was happening.

Thirty minutes went by. Andi had Buffy's mom mesmerised by herself-crafted bracelet. That thing really is a conversation started. Buffy was talking to Marty and I about how she was not expecting that reaction from her mom. She thought her mom would make a big deal about how Marty is white and how their relationship was interracial. I got kind of confused in there somewhere, but overall I knew what the topic was.

A few moments later there was the restaurant's bell letting us know someone was entering the joint. We all turned towards the door and the world slowed down all the sudden; music began playing.

I know this entrance anywhere.
Jonah. He walked over to our table with the his perfect smile and pearly white teeth. Jonah sat next to Andi and me.

Mrs.Discroll's eyes widened. Jonah didn't even have the chance to speak, before she turned to Buffy, "He's a pretty boy. Why you not pick him? What does this Marty guy have the this guy doesn't?"  It went silent. No one smiled. She made it it awkward. Buffy laughed nervously, "Mom, this is Jonah Beck. He's with Andi and even if he wasn't he's not my type."

I could tell he was taken back by her statement, but it's true. Jonah is far from Buffy's type. "Nice to meet you too, Mrs.Discroll." Awe, that's cute. He's embarrassed.

The six of us cracked up joking around, drinking milkshakes and eating baby-tators.

When everyone was distracted with each other Jonah started a conversation with me. "So, your okay?" His eyes brown rose.

My eyes flickered down and then back up at him, "I'm better than okay. I'm great. Everything is great. I've never been so..." I paused. "So what?" He urged me to continue, " great." I finished forcing myself to smile. "Well I'm just happy to see you smile. "

I laughed, "Why are you so happy about my smile? Haven't you looked in the mirror... Ever."

He was staring at me. His voice lowered and I felt him reach for my hand, "I've missed you."

I wanted to pull away, but I also wanted to hold on to him while I could. "Hey Jonah, do you remember that time I..." Andi took Jonah's attention. He began laughing as our hands departed.

Then a hand touched my shoulder. My heart lurched forward, I should have flew across the room. I wish I did.
"Hi Mr.Quin!" Everyone exclaimed except Mrs.Driscoll and I. I looked down at my food.
"Mom this is my geometry teacher, Mr.Quin. Mr.Quin this is my mom."

"Hello Mrs.Discroll. I hope I'm not interrupting. I was going to wait till class on Monday, but he's right here right now. You guys don't mind if I borrow Cyrus do you?"

My eyes widened.

Sorry for the late update.
Comment 'here' if you're still reading.