Chapter Eight

So a lot of people are surprised about what happened in the last chapter and the reason behind that is...

Did you guys want to see what was going to happen next?

Did it make you feel something?

Then that chapter has served it's purpose, plus is a major thing for the plot.

Go on now... (#Most Normal Conversation Ever-Not)

C Y R U S

        The quiet in my room was deafening as I sat indian style on my bed. I wasn't really doing anything, just kind of thinking.

Feeling stuck and frozen in place as my mind tortured me with the memories.

It played like a music video on loop in my head. Killing me emotionally with every second taken to remember.

If my heart beat wasn't beating out of my chest before it sure was now.  The logical side of my brain was shutting down just leaving me with emotions that I couldn't talk about. That made want to cry. That made want to scream and smash everything in my room.

But I can't do that.

I can't even think with out having an anxiety attack.

I had just calmed myself down when there was a knock.

My nerves shot up straight through the roof.

Whoisatmydoor? Goaway. Ican't--.

Ican'tdothis.

I. Can't. Do. This.

I took a breath.

Yes I can, plus I'm pretty sure it's just my mom.

"I-It's O-o-open."I stuttering. My mom still managed to barge in even with my permission. Her feet stomping with every step. "I've been calling you?"

My eyebrows furrowed at her, "I-I d-didn't h-hear you c-c-call." She sighed as if she meant something else. "I've been calling your phone so I wouldn't have to walk up here." Her voice had an obvious duh tone.

I had a flashback. It was of being pulled in the alley and me dropping my phone in a puddle of water.

When it was over I felt my breath become hesitant. My eyes lowering down to the floor. "Cyrus, why aren't you answering your phone?" she asked.

I opened my mouth to say something, but all that came out was a stutter, "I- I- I uh." I gave up on talking. "Cyrus." her hand placed on her hip. Her voice gave off an warning.

I was so caught up in my phone I didn't see anyone following me, coming for me. I needed some fresh air and still need to be connected through my device.

Maybe I should have called my mom to pick me up. No not maybe, I should have called my mom to come get from Andi's House.

I'm an idiot sometimes.

That's why I was pulled into an alley and dropped my phone in water.

I was too busy being an idiot to notice my surroundings.

I'm a freaking idiot.

I felt my heart sink at those thoughts. "I-I d-dropped it in-in-in t-to a p-puddle of wat-t-ter on my way h-h-here." I pointed at my phone on the counter.

She sighed aggravated, "Your clumsy you know that?" She said picking the phone up. I shrugged. Yeah that was true, but I didn't trust myself to say anything after that.

My mom left muttering something about how much it cost to fix vs to just to get a water proof phone.

She didn't even tell me why she was calling in the first place.

It went quiet again.

I quickly got out my laptop and started typing on it. I had to get my mind off of things.

Half way through a game of Attack On Titan my screen was interrupted.

Andi and Buffy wanted to video chat. I was so close to hitting the the ignore button, but then I realized that would only raise suspicion. 

I clicked accept.  Buffy appeared first, then Andi. "Cyrus, yay! You  accepted." Andi exclaimed, "I thought you were angry with us again."

It kind of lifted my spirits a little bit to hear there voice. I looked at them confused, "Why would I be mad at you guys?"

Buffy shrugged her shoulders, "We don't know, you're the one not answering our text." My eyes widened.

"Oh right. My phone is broken." I said. "How?" Andi sounded surprised. I sighed, "I really don't want to talk about how it came to me killing my phone. Which was a complete accident by the way." The two girls laughed.

I don't know what I did to make them laugh, but I take what I can get.  I gave a gentle smile towards them. "Anyway, we're headed over to the Spoon for lunch. You down?" Buffy questioned.

"I don't know about that?" I said. Their faces quickly went into a mixed of shock and disappointment, "Aw, why?" Andi whined, "You said you weren't mad."

I was taken back when she said that. Yes, those are the words that came out of my mouth. "Andi, really. I'm not mad." It was silent. They were waiting for me to explain, "I'm just... just" "Just what?" Buffy asked. I know for sure that I'm not angry at them. I don't have a reason to be.

But at the same time I'm not going to tell them how I really feel. " Just, bye guys." I closed the laptop taking a breath.

I shut my eyes trying to relax  when my mom came back in, "I forgot to tell you dinner's ready." She informed me. "I'm not hungry." My head lowered.

As my mom stood at the door I could feel her eyes on me, "Are you ok Cyrus? You seem a little off."

Yes because that's what every child wants to hear come out of their mothers mouth 'Your off'.

I sighed with a mixture of a sadness and a laugh.

They ask you how you are and you just have to say you’re fine when you’re not really fine but you just can’t get into it because they would never understand

When I looked up at my mom I said in the words of Katy Perry, "I'm fine."

It took a moment for mom to convince herself, but she did leave me alone.