Chapter Eleven

C Y R U S

      My locker slammed shut almost cutting off my fingers. I jumping back alarmed. Buffy and Andi stood in front of me with huge smile on their faces, "Your back! Your not sick anymore!" Andi exclaimed going in for a huge. "Wait!" She haulted, "I'm still kind of getting over it." covered up my lie with a mall fake cough. "See?"

Andi looked at me suspiciously for a moment, then her smile came back. "I'm just glad your back. " she said, "Right Buffy?" "Oh right. Sorry about that I was just thinking about something." Buffy stared straight passed me.

Andi I turned to see what she was viewing. Marty was at his locker, a black girl with long straight dark hair in a drill team uniform. She was flirting with Marty.

Buffy didn't say anything. She was just kind of watching. I read their lips from far off. I repeated every word back to Buffy.

"Thanks for offering me lunch Cassie, but I have plans." Marty was being polite, but didn't make I contact with her. Instead he kept his eyes on his locker as he pulled out books for class. "Oh okay, well what about a movie this Friday?"

"I can't." Marty immediately responded. "Why not?" Cassie crossed her arms. "Because I have a girlfriend, Cassie and I really like her. I'm not interested in you. Sorry." He closed his locker door.

"Who is she?" Cassie tested. "Buffy Discroll." Buffy smiled, but Cassie's reaction was not the same."That man stealer. She's such a--." Her hand started to ball up.

"Don't talk about her like that." Marty defended his girlfriend before walking away leaving Cassie standing there.

Cyrus turn back to the girls. "Come on let's go." Buffy tried to hide her happiness. She put her arm around Andi and was about to put her other one around me, but I moved back, "Ladies first."

They laughed before walking away. Me trailing behind them.

The world went slow motion on us as the three of us walked by Jonah.

Jonah stared at me as we walked, but I broke I contact.

Andi waved at him as we walked by. The world went back to normal speed as I tried to make it through the day.

Sixth Period came fast. It was the last class of the day and I was ready to go home.

The only person I know in that class is Jonah and I plan on not to talking to him.

Of course I was late.

I dropped my books in the hallway.

As soon as I walked into the room I realized that I had bigger problems than if Jonah was going to bother me.

"Mr. Goodman, it's been a while. But you still know my rules. You're late, you get detention. Congrats on your first one. Now taking a seat." Mr. Quin, the Math teacher paused from writing something on the board.

I slowly walked over to my seat all eyes on me. The seat was right next to Jonah.

[I know it's short, but I have a big plan for the next chapter.]

What do you think is going to happen?