2 | Is that...A WOMAN?

Start from the beginning

"I'd love to!" I smiled at him. "I can drive, I'll meet you at the parking lot?"

Kyle and I were talking when we were on break, he told me he mostly bikes or walks to school since he lives right next to it.

"Sounds good, meet you there in twenty?" he asked and I nodded.

Tristian and Mason overheard us and walked over to where we were standing, both looking angry.

"If you think that you're going to last more than a week, you'd be crazy," Tristian said. "No girl steals my position."

I can't believe how much of a fragile ego this dude has. I knew he was a jerk but I didn't think it was to this extent.

"I didn't 'steal' your position," I said, irritation clear in my voice. I was starting to get annoyed with his bullshit.

He hasn't shut up about me 'stealing his position' since practice started.

"Oh? Then what do you call this?"

"Being talented, something that you clearly lack," I snapped.

Tristian's eyes darkened, a deep frown plastered on his face. "The fuck did you just say to me?" he asked in a low voice.

"I said being talented, something that you clearly. Fucking. Lack."

Mason's eyebrows were raised in shock, and so were Kyle's.

I knew I said I was going to be patient with them until they get to know me, but I'm not going to tolerate being belittled or being threatened. This isn't how I was raised.

"Oh, please, I just want to know whose dick you sucked or who your daddy bribed for you to get on the team," he retaliated, causing my eyes to widen.

"That's out of pocket, Tristian," Kyle spoke up.

Tristian was a typical asshole. Not believing that a woman can accomplish anything without fucking someone or bribing them. He's the definition of a misogynist.

"You know, I've watched many games of yours," I said slowly, and the three of them looked at me, waiting for me to continue. "You prance around the field thinking you're better than everyone else, you and your little sidekick," I scowled at Mason, who narrowed his eyes at me.

"Newsflash, Tristian, you're barely worth the air you waste."

And with that, I walked away from them, making my way to the locker room.

I thought the hard part was going to be getting on the team. Turns out, the hard part is definitely getting accepted by the team.

◢◤

"He's such a dick!" I exclaimed to Mia as she got dressed after her volleyball practice. "He asked me whose dick I sucked to get into the team!"

Mia's eyes widened and some of the girls from the volleyball team gasped. "What an asshole!" Emma, a girl on the team said.

"I'm sorry, babe," Mia said sadly. "He's a fucking misogynist with a fragile ego, he can't handle knowing that a woman is better than him."