2 | Is that...A WOMAN?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

CHAPTER TWO —
"Is that...A WOMAN?"

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

*•DAISY'S POINT OF VIEW•*

Practice was starting in ten minutes

Practice was starting in ten minutes. I was more than terrified.

Coach said that he'd make sure the boys stay in line until they got to know me, but he warned me that they wouldn't be so nice in the beginning since they hadn't seen me play.

I can handle criticism, but I hope they don't cross a line.

I was ready physically, but I was nowhere near ready mentally. I had my full gear on, and I was staring at myself in the mirror of the girls' bathroom.

You can do this, Daisy. You'll earn their support in no time.

I sighed, stepping out of the bathroom and walking all the way to the field, which was on the other side of the school.

Once I reached it, I walked towards the team, whose backs were all turned to me. Coach Johnson was talking to them, once he saw me, he motioned me over with his hand.

I jogged towards the team, who still hadn't turned to look at me. I stood next to Coach, who smiled slightly before introducing me.

"Boys, this is Daisy Adams, the team's new quarterback," he started. "I expect you to welcome her nicely. Feel free to mingle together for a few minutes while I make a quick call."

And with that, Coach Johnson walked away to his office.

I smiled at the guys, not expecting any sort of warm welcome, but I still needed to try.

"This? This is the girl I'm being replaced by?" Tristian Harris, the former quarterback, said. "I've worked too damn fucking hard to earn my position, and you think you could just come in here and steal it?"

Expected. When I was told he'd play as a wide receiver instead of the quarterback I expected him to hate me the most.

I didn't know the names of everyone on the team. I only knew Tristian and Mason, the other wide receiver, but the others not so much.

"Tristian, you still have a great position," a guy with dark blonde hair said. I recognized him from my chemistry class, I believe this is Kyle. "Welcome her nicely, guys. Why would coach recruit someone who isn't a good player?"

I was completely shocked. I didn't expect any of them to be on my side.

I was yet to say a singular word to the team, because quite honestly, I don't know what I should say. Sorry I took your position?