vii

"Jungkookie~" Jimin nudged my arm, making me shake out of my daydream.

"Hmm? Sorry, I was spaced out," I apologized monotonously, sipping my drink.

Jimin pouted. "You're upset about something. Is it your mom? Or that stupid teacher?"

I shook my head, looking away from him, instead casting my eyes around me at the busy mall. Jimin had brought me out shopping, claiming I needed new clothes since all my stuff was old and looked like I "lived in a hole in the ground," according to Jimin. Way too much of Jimin's money spent later, we decided to get lunch at the food court, which I insisted on paying for. He'd bought me tons of new clothes, the least I could do was buy him some noodles.

"Come on, Kookie, tell Jiminie hyung what's wrong."

I sighed, chewing on my lip. "It's this guy..." I began, and instantly Jimin squealed. I shut him up with a harsh glare. "We met on Tumblr and started talking, he's really sweet and funny and I can tell he cares about me. But he's been avoiding me for the past week and a half, and I don't know why."

Jimin frowned. "Jungkookie..."

I shook my head, laughing bitterly. "It's fine, it's probably my fault. I probably said something that scared him off. Or maybe he just realized how useless I am and doesn't want to talk to me anymore."

"What's his URL?" Jimin asked suddenly, catching me off guard.

I furrowed my brows, looking at him strangely. "Why do you want to know?"

"I wanna see what he looks like." Jimin shrugged.

"Oh, okay." I pulled up his profile on my phone, showing it to Jimin. He scanned it and nodded, and I put the phone away.

"Aish, I'm full. You ready to head home?" Jimin pushed away his tray of noodles, raising his eyebrows at me.

I nodded. "Yeah, sure. Can't have you spend any more money on me." I chuckled as I stood and threw away my garbage.

"Just for that we're going into one more store." Jimin frowned.

"Awww, hyung!"