||14. Unexpected Guest||

"When you really care about someone,
Their happiness matters
more than yours."

☆▪☆▪☆

Swara Gadodia/ Maheshwari

There are two kinds of secrets. One which we want to keep in and another one we don't dare to let out. That's why we call them secrets. It is a knot that we afraid to untangle. After thinking a lot, finally, I was determined to reveal Sanskar about my past, Sahil. I opened my mouth, but I closed it again when I couldn't understand how to explain it to him.

No... I can't do this.

It wasn't that easy. Remorse plagues apart for not disclosing anything to him still. But I can't hide it anymore, I have to inform him. Guilt is eating my pulse.  Better now than never. He should know this truth from me, not from others.

"Sanskar I need to talk to you about something." I drawl out, with a mirthless smile on my face. I cringed imagining the reaction of him.

I should have told him earlier about this, but I just couldn't. At first, I was afraid of him to get hurt and as time pass by, I'm scared more in fact terrified of his reaction. Nevertheless, I shouldn't keep him in dark anymore.

He has to know I married him when I have someone else in my heart. Though I had compelled to marry, I could've halted the wedding if I wished. I became selfish only saw father's happiness and my sacrifice for his happiness. Never in a dream, I thought about Sanskar and his future. Somewhere I was responsible for a mess happened in my life.

I repent for the mistake I have done and the mess I created.

What has he done to get this misery? A girl whom he's about to marry runway on eve of marriage. He had to marry her younger sister to protect the reputation of both families. But no... story doesn't end here. That girl already loves someone else. His life is not less than a movie! Much drama, emotion, and resentment.

He should know about everything at least now. It's killing me inside to conceal stuff from those who deserve to know it. I confide him everything. Yes, I will! I took a deep sigh and glance at him.

"Swara what you want to say?" His words dragged me out of my reverie. That's when my eyes met his eyes. Those brown eyes have distress, care, and indecipherable emotions I could not point out.

"Sanskar... I'm......" I was fumbling for words.

"Wait Swara!" He interjected.

Shutting my eyes, I prepared myself to confess. But before I could say anything, he asks me to wait. I opened my eyes only to watch him scampering out of the room while talking on the phone.

Shit! He got a call.

Who the hell called him at this time?

Why god..... why always with him? He has the right to know about everything. He deserves another girl not me. Why you're doing this to him? A tear gushed from my eyes making me feel more helpless.

I was waiting for him for an hour. Eventually, it dawned me he wasn’t going to come back any time sooner. The strength I gathered to say is loosing from me. My energy drained away. I don't know whether I can say the truth now.

☆▪☆▪☆

Sanskar Maheshwari

Swara told me that she needs to say something. I saw some emotions flickering in her eyes. Is she again back to the divorce topic? Divorce is inevitable. If she gets her lost happiness, then I'm ready to go far from her life. My heart pounded against my chest. Thought of her going far from me, killing me inside.