||10. She's hiding something ||

"We try so hard to conceal everything we feel from those who probably need to know our true feelings the most."

☆▪☆▪☆

Sanskar tossed on his bed contemplating how his life took a drastic turn. Swara's tearful face whirling around his mind. A pang of guilt strikes him discerning the reason for her tears is him. Sleep was far away from his eyes.

After battling with his mind about whether should go check Swara or not, he decided to see her. He opened her room door only to find her lying on the floor.

He stands at the door debating whether he should enter the room or not. Watching her shivering on the cold floor made him numb. It sting his heart to realize he was solely responsible for the tears in her eyes.

If only he could change the time, he would go back to the time when he married her, not because he regretted marrying her. He regrets marrying without her consent. But he can not change now anything.

Whatever is happened we can't change, but we can change our fate. "I'm sorry Swara for hurting you. I'm sorry for those things you went through because of me. It kills me knowing I caused your pathetic condition." The voice of her sobs echoes through his ears.

Without a second thought, he barges into her room. He tries to wake her up, but it went in vain. She is in deep slumber. He could not help as his hand automatically moved to her face, the black lashes dried on her face revealing she cried. He wiped the tear stains from her face. She turns around holding his hand. He peered over her. She didn't ask for this, any of it.

"Please don't go." She murmurs. He lift her in his arms and slowly made her lay down on the bed. She squeezed his hand tightly. The more he tried to move his hand, the more clung to him.

"Please, don't go leaving me."

Sanskar covers her with the duvet and sits near her seeing her angelic face. A hair strand covering her face, he tucks it behind her ears. There is something that she is hiding from him. It is not any trivial matter, as it crushes her. He had to wait for the day when she trust him to reveal it.

Being a friend he has to bring back a smile to her face. Wiping all the tears, he will mend the pain. He will be always there for her whenever you need me. Even if she hates his presence he will be her shadow.

She placed her head on his lap, hugging him she slept like a small baby. He stared at her lovingly.

He opened his eyes as rays of sun peeked through the room and hit his face. He didn't know when sleep consumed him. He felt a soft hand on his arm, it did not take him a second to realize it was Swara's. He looked at sleeping beauty and their intimate position. Her head was on his arm, he did not want her to wake up and find them in a compromising position.

"No! Please don't go, Don't leave me," she mumbles in slumber. He tried to detach himself away from her. But deterred hearing her words "How will I live without you? Don't go Sa..."
Sanskar was baffled to hear her. She does not want him to go. But she is the one who yearns for divorce and wants to leave.

Is there something he missing?

She might be thinking of Kavitha.

He caress her hair "I'll never leave you cutie pie." She pulls herself out of bed yanking his hand from her with a frown on her face.

"How did I come here?" She asks realizing she's sleeping on the bed. Her gaze then shifted to me "Sanskar you here?"

"Are you fine?" I asked ignoring her questions. She nods her head. I ask her if she saw any bad dreams. She shook her head in the affirmative.