Chapter 17 - After 8 months

It's been eight months ago since Louis asked me to keep in touch with him. Since that night, it seems like we're both back at being friends again. And I wouldn't ask for anything more. Just knowing I can talk to him whenever I want to is more than enough.

Enough compared to the past months. When my life was miserable when we split. When he had to chose someone else than me. When there was something more important than being with me. 

There's a lot of things going on his life. And the last time I want is to make it more confusing and hard for him. I always want what's best for him. What's right and what will make him happy. Even if that means being away from him. 

I was there when he broke up with Danielle.

He showed me some of Freddie's stories and videos.

I was even there when Eleanor and him went back together. 

Being there means I was communicating with him. Not physically but emotionally, at least. He helped me get a scholarship too. And now I'm back to school. Studying something I truly love. 

Sighing at the thought of him, I leaned on my chair. I've been in front of my laptop for an hour. Trying to finish my homework but I couldn't. I don't even know why do I want to achieve this 'exchange student' thingy. I don't know why I wanna go back to the Philippines. 

I don't know why do I have to remember the past again. 

But it seems like I'm meant to stay in my country. Leaving this american life, but never the memories I have made here. I never regret everything that happened in my life here. The new set of family I had and the supportive friends whose still with me. Cheering me with every home works I need to finish. Motivating me when I feel like failing. And keeping me sane when I truly need to commit suicide. 

Damn. College is hard. 

"Emman!"

I jumped a little bit from where I was sitting. Hearing Diana's scream every morning and night would be one of the things I would miss in this house. 

"Emman! You need to see this!"

I got up from my chair lazily and followed her downstairs. Hearing the sound of the TV as I step down the stairs. Seeing her parents at the kitchen and proceeded to the living room where I found what Diana wants me to see. 

It's Louis. And his new song called 'Back to You' featuring Bebe Rexha. 

I never heard of her before until Louis told me about his upcoming song with her. And now it's here. Playing on TV. And I've always been proud of the guy I am seeing right now. 

He's one of the bravest and most amazing person I've met in this world. Thank you Lord I'm in america.

Meeting this genius guy is one of the most amazing thing that happened to me here. And I can't thank everyone enough for that. Specially Diana for taking me to that awesome concert that I never thought I would go to. To Samantha and Vanessa for supporting me, who has been there through ups and downs. And of course Ollie for giving me his number again. A chance I wouldn't be able to get if it wasn't because of him. 

________________________________________________________________________

i'm back now. alive. and im sorry. 

Do you want me to update again? 10 votes could be the sign. Please I need to know if someone is still reading this book. 

vote & comment