Chapter 35: The Finale

Start from the beginning

"I wasn't mad, just disappointed," you sighed out, closing up your menu and gathering Yeri's up as well.

Hoseok nodded. "And now?"

"I'm happy that you're here," you responded gently.

He tried not to smile so largely to himself at that and you noticed. Smiling and watching him look back over at Yeri who was distracting playing with his little crown again, you found yourself relax.

You relaxed at the known atmosphere.

"May I take your order?"

You all glanced over at the waitress that served you. Seeing as she was smiling, professional, and knowing exactly who you all were, the fact that she was excited to meet you more than Hoseok made your brows furrow. Greeting her kindly back, she remarked towards her being a big Bangtan fan before playfully acknowledging Yeri and his cuteness.

This. This stranger, her kindness, and her making Yeri laugh made you relax further.

Glancing around again. The faces you once saw as whispering, you caught smiles on their faces as they eyed Yeri on Hoseok's lap. Blinking back slight tears, you smiled yourself, large before trying to order without bursting into tears.

Hoseok caught you struggling as you wiped under your eyes. He came to the rescue and ordered for the whole table. The waitress laughed, claiming a high-five from Yeri who giggled and stirred before walking away with a nod.

"Coming right up."

"Thank you," you whispered, sighing.

Hoseok shook his knee, watching Yeri grow distracted again as he fixed his crown before glancing at other people who were in the restaurant. They seemed to be waving over at him with chuckles and smiles as he went on a greeting spree. Waving from Hoseok's lap, Yeri was preoccupied melting the hearts of strangers as Hoseok softly talked to you.

"What's up with the tears?"

"I'm sorry," you painfully chuckled, not knowing why you were so overwhelmed, "It's just after you posted, I'd never think there'd be such positivity towards Yeri, let alone me. Seeing such a change has been stressful."

Hoseok nodded slowly, his eyes on your beaten lip. "I'm guessing the initial reactions to the news didn't go so well?"

You caught him staring at your injuries. Shivering in a breath, you waved it off as it was nothing. "It wasn't anything serious."

"I spoke to Kevin. He didn't tell me much, but I know that that isn't nothing," Hoseok pointed over, wishing with his eyes for you to open up and come forward.

"A girl said some bad things about me which I ignored, but then she disgustingly remarked on Yeri being a disgrace because I'm not a bride," you sighed out, rolling your eyes at the encounter, "Long story short, I punched over angry and she got a few back as well. "I'm just glad comments like that haven't been the majoirty of your fans," you lightly whispered.

You really were glad. Many of the fans had been supporting of him, Yeri, and you. You. The woman seeing the famous idol was also supported? Who would've thought.

"I'm sorry my doings caused that."

"The truth had to come out some time, right?" you popped.

Hoseok's eyes softened, stomach fluttering slightly however. Looking away from your injuried that made him sick; he wished to protect you, hold you, and keep you safe from the rough little while as this news died down. He wanted to be there for you 'til death due him part...now that's what he wished to ask from you as well, but nothing but anxiety passed through him. Thinking about popping the question itself was insane, having to actually say it was going to cast a strain on Hoseok.