Chapter 35: The Finale

Start from the beginning

"Yes," you whispered before moving out his touch and having his fingers lace with yours in reassurance, "Just talk."

-

Hoseok's eyes were widened with sadness and worry as he stared at your lip so close to his. Gawking, he whispered, stuttered, and struggled to get anything out as possible circumstances erupted around in his mind.

"Would that include you telling me who did this to you?" he asked breathlessly, looking over at Yeri who was beyond happy for seeing him. It further saddened Hoseok that Yeri didn't naturally freak-out loudly to his appearance...the little boy still thought of himself as a secret.

"I'll uh," you pursed your lips, blinking over at Yeri the minute Hoseok's gaze shifted over, "I'll explain everything."
Hoseok watched as you guided him closer to Yeri. Crouching down at the boy who was on his feet, standing on the grand chair, Hoseok cupped the boy's cheek. "You can be more than happy to see me in public now, son," the man started, smiling as he finished, "I've told everyone who you are."

Yeri's brows jumped a little. Gleaming, the little boy giggled as he instantly hopped onto Hoseok and started to squirm by the idol's ear. "Appa!" he cutely addressed, finally giving Hoseok the greeting he wished to receive.

Hoseok's eyes shut, breath releasing him as he had a content smile on his face. Wanting everything to just freeze as he shared this embrace with his son, Hoseok blinked out to reality as he stood up, Yeri in his arms before looking back at you.

You had a sweet smile on your face from the clear reunion before you. Hoseok watched as there was no hatred, no regret, and definitely no doubt over how much Yeri truly meant to him. That recognition and that growth between the two of you as parents was enough to make Hoseok smile instantly larger.

"Eat with me," Hoseok said lightly, smiling before bouncing Yeri's giggling form in his arms, "then I've got to show you some place tonight. Just me, you and Mommy okay?"

"Outside?" Yeri asked, shocked and unbelievably excited at the idea of not remaining under the shadows.

Your eyes softened as Hosoek nodded. Wanting to question him what he had in store, you didn't the minute his free hand landed at your hip. Pulling you to his arms as well, Hoseok's mouth sealed by your temple as he took in a whiff of your scent. You shut your eyes for a moment before leaning up and kissing his cheek.

He grinned at your hair before glancing at a smiling Yeri who watched you two. The man sighed in exaggerated relief, "I honestly thought your Mommy would be throwing me off of her?!"

Yeri giggled at that as he stayed in Hoseok's arms as the man circled over to the sides and found his seat at the table. Ready to sit, he glanced around at the people in the fancy restaurant that seemed to slowly start to recognize him, you, and Yeri. Not caring, Hoseok smiled and greeted all gawking and murmuring with the politest smile he could before pulling his chair in so he was closer to the seat.

Pointing over for you to sit back down, you strangely caught eyes of others yourself and felt uncomfortable. Everything in your power screamed to run but you couldn't, seeing Hoseok trying and ignoring, you followed as you focused on Yeri on the idol's lap, smiling and oblivious. You were willing to give it an effort as you avoided everyone and stared forward.

You watched your family that sat before you with a small smile.

"Was she mad a lot?" Hoseok playfully whispered over at Yeri and you rolled your eyes.

Yeri's eyes narrowed as he nodded a little. He looked conniving with his small features as he smiled over at Hoseok resemble the look. You couldn't help but laugh yourself at them being idiots so freely.