Chapter 22: Yours.

Začít od začátku

"I thought so, too, Your Majesty." He had said.

"Oh well, let's not waste any more time then. We will do as much as we can to hold the wedding in line with our traditions." The King had chirped, and fast forward to now, about 6 hours later that Lydia found herself in Adela's room, helping her dress up.

Her makeup had been done with the help of some of the servants, who had all seemed like the happiest people on earth, seeing Adela so happy. Now that everything was done, Lydia was doing the touch ups.

"Oh, don't be so stressed." Adela said, laughing, "No one is actually going to be there, just us."

"It's traditions, Adela." Edgar said from the corner of her room, where he was looking at Adela's crown, turning it over in his hands.

Both of them laughed, as if Edgar had just cracked a very funny joke. Lydia sighed, knowing she'd never understand these two.

"Now if you try to ruin the setting one more time, Adela-" Lydia began.

"I know, I know. You'll kill me." Adela smirked, satisfied with herself.

It was unrealistic how in such a short while, they were able to come up with this magnificent gown. It was golden, the color every bride of Archensheen wore on her wedding.

It went up, and seemed to wrap around her like the petals of a flower. If this was what the designers could do in just some hours, Lydia had no idea what they could do if given days.

"Thank you, Lydia." Adela whispered, coming up and hugging her out of nowhere. Lydia hugged her back, and somehow found comfort. Adela was the sister Lydia had never had.

Edgar came forward and poked on Lydia's head, and she laughed, shaking his hand away. He smirked, and he looked so much like his sister she wanted to laugh.

"I see my little sister planned to get married without even letting her brother know." Edgar said, eyeing Adela, as she grinned, "You'll see, I'm gonna be done with my wedding and am not even going to let you know."

While talking about his wedding, Edgar's eyes seemed to skim over Lydia. That was enough to knock the breath out of her.

"Asshole." Adela muttered, but smiled at her brother and then at Lydia. She seemed to figure things out without a single clue, an amazing talent that Lydia didn't like at times.

"It's time." Edgar said, looking over at the clock. He came forward and carefully placed the crown over Adela's head. Her golden hair was braided so beautifully, wrapped around her head like a halo.

Adela smiled, but there was so much emotion in it. Gratitude, most of all, as she looked up at her brother. He smiled back, and kissed her on the forehead.

Then Adela held both of her hands out. Lydia took one of them, and Edgar took the other. Both of them were going to walk her to the main hall, where the wedding was going to take place.

The walk down the halls was quiet and slow, but Lydia didn't dare disturb it. She couldn't, even if she wanted to. It was a calm kind of silence, and she considered she was giving both the siblings some time to enjoy the time they were having together, before she was married.