Chapter 10: I'm the Cure.

"I want to look down at the sky."
-Corrupt, by Penelope Douglas.

The room to his door opened slowly, forcing him to move aside. Sebastian was tired to the extent that he wasn't able to open his eyes. He dragged himself to the side, away from the door, and even the small movement caused him pain, as he winced.

He rested his back carefully against the wall, and leaned his head back. The door was probably opened to bring in more food. Sebastian was well past the stage where he would've cared.

"Your Highness."

Sebastian heard the familiar voice. The voice he had held on to since the past two weeks. The only difference was that it always used to be on the other side of the door.

And right now, the voice came from right in front of him.

Sebastian moved a little, forcing his eyes open. A young man crouched in front of him, and he couldn't be older than him. He had dark, brown eyes, with his hair a platinum white.

"Are you okay?" He said, concern written all over his face. Sebastian only had the energy to nod once.

"You're... You're Jack." He croaked out, and then looked away, as he heard his voice crack.

Jack nodded once, and then put his hand on his shoulder, "I have orders from the King."

Sebastian let out a bitter laugh, "What? Does he plan to throw me into the dark dungeons in the basement? Because I'm not behaving myself? Or has he planned something worse?"

Pain shot through his back as Sebastian straightened up and stared at the soldier, "Do whatever he has told you to. It's w-way too late, I'm well broken."

Jack sighed then, and looked up, "Actually, he told me to let you go and visit the Princess."

Sebastian let his brain process it. His hand came down to rest on the floor as he clenched his jaw. Visit the Princess.

Visit the Princess and watch the mess he had made. Look at her and realise the biggest mistake of his life. Then beat himself for what he had done. Look down at something so precious, so beautiful, so fragile... but lifeless.

Tears spilled out, but he shook his head. He knew he was way too selfish. He knew he couldn't live without holding her, being near her. Even if it cost him a hundred needles straight through his heart.

Sebastian nodded then, letting out a painful sigh, "Okay. Take me to Archensheen."

Jack smiled then, nodding, "To Archensheen, Your Highness."

"So my guess hadn't been wrong." Christian sighed, moving his fingers through his hair, "There is black magic involved."

Katherine stared out the window, her arms crossed over her chest. Somewhere out there... right there, was her Ella. Safe. Sound. Warm in her bed, fast asleep. Her stomach full and a small smile on her face as she dreamt of Angels.

Ella was fine. She had to be.

Diverting her attention back to the Prince in her room, she sighed, "We still don't know for sure."