Chapter 6

George’s POV:

Ringo looks at me and we head inside. Shyla smiles at me before looking down then looks up and at Ringo. “She wants to see her, but I swear, if you make her cry I’ll slit your throat, stick my hand in there and tear out your heart,” she told him. He looked at me worriedly and then looked back at her and nodded. Man this chick was violent!

We start to walk to her room when this guy goes up to Shyla. “Shyla, why the hell did you let these two in?” he asks, looking at us both in the eye. Well isn’t this guy a little ray of sunshine.

Tessa comes running at the guy. “Calvyn, it’s okay. Cleo wants to see them.”

The guy (who I now know is named Calvyn) eyed Ringo one last time and walked away. We get to Cleo’s room and smiles when Ringo walks in. Shyla is still by us and Cleo says to me “George, can I just talk to Rich- Ringo alone?” I nod and she looks at Shyla and says “You can have him.”

I look at Ringo and he just laughs as Shyla grabs me, pulls me out of the room and slams the door. She smiles at me and I ask “Oh dear what now? Are you gonna kiss me again?”

She smiles and says “No, but if you want me to…”

I shake my head. “Oh well!” she says. “Want some food?” she asks. I nod and we head out to the kitchen together.

Ringo’s POV:

She tells Shyla she can have George, and I laugh a bit when she pulls him out of the room and closes the door. I look back at Cleo and she says “You can sit down ya’ know.” I go to sit on the ground and she says “On the bed silly!” I sit next to her on the bed.

“So,” I ask. “Why did you invite me in?”

She thought for a moment and replied “I guess because I wanted to. Anyways, that’s not important. How are you?”

I wasn’t done asking questions. “Was that guy out there your husband?” I asked, even though I already had the feeling he was.

She lost her smile. “No, he’s not.”

“Where’s your husband then?” I asked. I looked at her left hand, her ring was missing.

“I honestly couldn’t care less,” she replied, beginning to bite on her nails. I remembered when we were going out, when she was nervous or scared.

“What is it?” I asked.

“I have to tell you two things…” she began. I leaned in like I was a little kid waiting for a bedtime story. She smiled a bit and began “This first bit I’ve never told anyone… I’m not… officially married to Allen, who’s my husband, or technically fiancé. I kept trying to set the dates but he never showed up.

“The second thing is the reason everyone in this house is pretty much being my bodyguard. You see, last night, I figured out Allen was cheating on me with some girl named Riplee. It hurt me like no other. So they all stayed around to make sure I was okay and they were going to stay until I was feeling better.”

I just fell silent. I had nothing to say. Why would he cheat on her? Cleo was the nicest, most beautiful girl I’ve ever met. Why cheat on such a perfect person? I realized she was crying. I wanted to ask her “What happened to your ring?” So I did.

She grabbed a box n her bedside table and gave it to me. I opened it up and sure enough, there it was. It was a nice silver ring with Cleo’s name engraved in it, but her last name being Banning. I guess that was his last name. I looked at her and said “You know what you do to this ring now?”

“What?” she replied.

“Follow me,” I say. I offer my hand to her and she takes it. I get caught up in the moment and kiss her hand, then quickly help her up to distract her. She gives me an odd look, but I drag her out of her room. I sit her on the couch and hear the others in the kitchen, clearly eating. Why would I figure that? Because I know George.

I go to her fireplace and throw a match in there. She sits back on the couch and just watches. I hear the others come into the room, but they’re all standing behind the couch, watching. “I’m surprised she even got out of bed,” Tessa starts. “She hasn’t done that all day.”

 I get it out of the box and show it to Cleo. “You do this,” I tell her. I threw the ring into the fire and watch it melt into the fire. I look back at Cleo and she’s smiling. She gets up and goes up to me. “First,” she starts. I wait for her to continue when she slaps me. “That’s for making a small move on me back there. Second,” she grabs my head and kisses me. “That’s for every moment after.”

*-*-*-*-*

Yeah, I know, I'm sorry it's a short chapter.

I don't know about you guys, but I ship George and Shyla. Shyrge.

BYEEEEEEE