Chapter 1

FAN FICTION, NO SMUT: Cleo Chadwick and Richard Starkey dated in 1957. When Richard breaks it off, she's heartbroken beyond all measures. It's now 1963, and Richard - now going by Ringo, still loves her. He's on a search for her, and when he finds her, she doesn't feel the same. There will be weeks and countless occasions to come, will he be able to get back her trust? Or will she just leave him in the dust?

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Cleo’s POV:

I waited patiently for my boyfriend to arrive. I had gotten all dolled up (not on my request – but my friend thought I needed to look my best to go out) and I was sitting outside the theater. I was 17 then. The year was 1957.

I sat outside the movie, looking around to see if my boyfriend had arrived. The movie was starting shortly, and if he didn’t show up, that would be the fifth time he’d ask me out and not show up! We have been dating for one year, and we both loved each other. What was my boyfriend’s name? His name was Richard. Richard Starkey.

We started dating a while back when we met at a bar. He was performing with some band, and afterwards he had offered to buy me a drink. I had just moved there from Australia, and I wanted to fit in, so I figured this would be a good way to meet people. We talked and laughed throughout the night, and we didn’t care how late it got or how much we drank. He ended up walking me home, and when I got home, we had kissed then and there. That’s what started our relationship.

When he finally got here, I smiled and got up. He looked unhappy. “What’s wrong?” I asked him.

“Nothing,” he said, putting on a smile. I nodded and we went up to but our tickets. We bought some snacks, a coke and a large popcorn to share. We went into the movies, both happy and cheery.

Or so I thought.

I knew something was wrong halfway through the movie. Usually when we went out to a movie, we held hands together throughout the movie. I know, it was silly to think that because we weren’t holding hands something was wrong, but I could just tell something was wrong.

After the movie, when we got to my house, instead of kissing me goodbye, he said “Uh, Cleo, can we talk?”

Nervous and scared of what was to come, I said “Sure. What about?”

“So, my band got offered a trip somewhere far. We figured we’d go, but were going to be gone for a while. And, I wanted to break up before I left.”

I froze up. There was a dry taste in my mouth, and I couldn’t speak. The color drained out of me, despite how much blush my friend forced on my face. Richard took a step towards me. “Are you okay?”

I was in tears by that point. I was angry, but most of all, heartbroken. “Just leave,” I told him, walking in my house. The tears were spilling out faster and faster, and I walked past my worried mother and straight into my pillow, where I cried as hard as ever.

3 months later…

Ringo’s POV:

As soon as we got back to Liverpool, I ran to Cleo’s house. While away, I realized how much I missed her, how much I wanted her, how much I love her. While running, my friend I hadn’t seen in a while stopped me. “Richie, your back!” she said with a smile.

Catching my breath I replied “Yeah, hello.”

“Where you heading?”

“To a girlfri- friend’s house.”

I resumed running, and after a while she started to. She was a while behind me, probably a good two minutes. Once I got to Cleo’s house, I knocked fiercely at the door. “Cleo, it’s Richard! I’m back, open up!”

Someone I hadn’t met before opened the door. “Do I know you?” they asked.

“I don’t know, is Cleo home?”

“They don’t live here anymore,” they replied coldly, slamming the door on my face. Well you’re a pleasant person.

Megan, my friend, finally got up to me. “Who was that?” she asked. I shrugged. “Who are you looking for?” she asked.

“Cleo, you met her before, remember?”

 She turned white. “Cleo Chadwick?” she asked. I nodded. She sighed, and replaced her smile with a sad frown. “Richie – she moved back to Australia last month.”

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Yea, I know, it's a short first chapter. I just wanted to give you a first look. Other chapters will be longer I promise.

In the meeantime...

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

ILY

Byezzzzz