☞ bodyshaming

Hello, long time no rant. I'm in a bitchy mood so let's get right into it, shall we?

Now, all bodyshaming is fucked up, but this particularly rant is going to be mother on daughter bodyshaming because I've witnessed it first hand. The first part of this happened a few months ago (back in April), then the second part happened in July. It's the same mom and the same daughter, aka my cousin who's practically my best friend.

BRACE YOURSELVES.

Basically, little backstory: my cousin's mom and dad divorced a long time ago, and now her momma mooches off men because she can't hold a job any longer than six months

Basically, little backstory: my cousin's mom and dad divorced a long time ago, and now her momma mooches off men because she can't hold a job any longer than six months. She's legit had about five jobs in the past two years. My uncle makes his own money, has his own house, and is stable (aside from his crazy ex--not my cousin's mom--but she's another story for another time).

So yeah. She's done absolutely nothing with her life, moving on.

My cousin has always been really conscious of her weight, but she's always been smaller than me. I understand why now, because of her bitch ass mom. For instance, I just recently found out that when my cousin was in seventh grade, she starved herself (which a lot of the family guessed because of how much weight she lost and how she never ate at cookouts). bUT. I just found out that she starved herself because of shit her mom would say to her.

That's not even one of the incidents I'm talking about today, just an idea of how terrible this woman is.

All right, anyways, it was April which was around my school's prom time. The prom itself was in May but we went dress shopping early, obviously. So, I'd never been to any school dance and my friend convinced me like "it's your senior prom, you gotta go!" and I was like dreading it, but I like dressing up so ya know. At least I got to feel good about myself for a night ya feel. (The prom itself was actually fun, so it wasn't bad.)

ANYWAYS (for the umpteenth time).

It's me, my cousin, her mom, and her step-daughter-that's-not-really-a-step-daughter-just-a-daughter-of-the-man-she's-leeching-off-of. Which, by the way, that girl is tiny as fuck, like a size two in dresses tiny and tall, so she's practically a model, and she made me feel like a damn oompa loompa. That's besides the point, though. I already had my dress, so I was just there because my cousin asked me to be because we're besties and shit ya know.

So I pick out a really pretty black dress for her that's got mesh and sparkles and crap and she loves it, so we go to try it on. Her mom gets her this skin tight blue dress that I know she won't like because my cousin is like me and hates skin tight clothing. It's the three of us in the dressing room, and her mom makes her try on the blue one first because her mom really likes it.

And of course, my cousin doesn't like it because it's skin tight. She's self-conscious just like I am, so I don't get why her mom thought she'd go for it anyways. Don't get me wrong, it looked super pretty on her, but it wasn't her style, you know what I mean? She wouldn't have been comfortable in it at all for prom, and the way her face screwed up you could tell.