Chapter 13 - Lemon Twist Rum

Hi! I just want to take a moment to thank you for all of the love on this book and Glassy Sky, honestly it makes me so happy to read your comments. The fact that you understand the meanings behind the characters actions and words is amazing. Not many people can analyse characters like you all do.

And since I love you to death, here's a little bonus drawing x.

Their handwritings + a sketch that Harry has done with Louis' recreation of it underneath.
Whose handwriting is your favourite?

*

Louis was not in his room, nor was he by the Port. Hanji, Niall, Zayn, and Erin searched everywhere where they thought Louis might be, but he was nowhere to be found.

"He's most certainly with the Gypsy.." Zayn muttered, standing beside Erin as they all looked at the empty bench by the Port where Louis had been seen a couple of times before. From that bench, you could see the Grande Marie anchored down just beyond the port's entrance, their wooden dinghy waiting at the dock, and far out there beyond the wall that separated the port from the ocean, there was Home.

Erin sighed and sat on the bench. Niall's hand came to rest on his shoulder, Zayn squatted by his left side, and Hanji sat to his right. They all looked at the wall, all getting that same vision of what waited beyond that. None of them had really wanted to leave London, they'd only thought they had. "I want to go Home." Erin said, pulling his feet up to his chest. "I miss the Coffee House."

Hanji nodded, "Personally, I miss Harry's basement; he left everything there." She sighed as well.

"We had some good times, didn't we?" Niall said, chuckling as he remembered past events. "To tell the truth, I never really wanted to go."

After hearing everyone agree with him, Zayn spoke up. His voice carried a tone of bitterness that not many people got to hear. "You do realise that we aren't on holiday? We didn't leave for pleasure, we were evicted. If we'd have stayed there, the way things were, Louis would have surely committed suicide.." Everyone stopped talking when Zayn said that. "You all saw how Louis was by the end; he barely left the house, he refused to talk to anyone.. We escaped from London, everyone seems to forget that.."

Erin leant his head on Zayn's shoulder and looked down. "I want things to be the way that they were before. I want to live by the railroad again, I want to play on the tracks with Louis again; I want us all to do what we did before, to live like we lived before. I just want us all to be like we were back then, the kings of London, I want the Steamers to return."

Zayn nodded and watched Polly the rat crawl on one of the posts. "..Don't we all.."

*

The four walls around Louis were tall, made of wooden planks, and decorated with paintings of both landscapes and portraits. Above the double bed was a nude of a woman lying on her back. To Louis' left was a woman with her legs spread, her parts covered by a red rose. Louis put a hand to his chest, grabbed onto air when he reached for his own rose. Of course, he'd left it long ago. The room dimmed in lighting when the curtains were drawn closed, a light flickering dark shadows around the room from a candle on the bedside table.