Chapter 10 - This is how I Rule

Hi! please comment on this chapter so I can see your thoughts, thank you!*

*

The sun was burning, scalding hot rays to scorch me when I stepped into the light. When I walked onto the deck that day, I wondered if the others could feel it; but when I turned to warn them that it'd burn, they'd already left the shadows. It was that day that I realised how different I was to them. They were not weak or broken or scared like me. They were just young men, wanting to live the happiest lives they could. And so, I stayed in the shade-I had to-and all I could do was look at the others having fun, throwing salt water onto each other while the sunshine lit up their smiles. I wished that night, the night when they all slept under stars and I was forced into the darkness-that I would not wake up in the morning.

*

The Steamers were to be on the Grand Marie for a whole month, come Tuesday. The food was quickly turning to rations, the fresh water was baring from barrel-loads to cups, and the atmosphere was becoming tense with the need to give each other space. For one thing, the Steamers were not used to seeing each other all day, every day. For the most of them-Zayn, Liam, Erin-they'd grown up alone in the streets, and Hanji, Louis, and Niall had learned to live alone as well. Back in London, all six of them had tried to get out of the Coffee House as often as they could. They had been lone wolves from the start, and to see the same uneven deck, the same crumbling walls, and the same wide sea every second of every day angered them to the point of drawing weapons and turning against each other.

Louis saw the danger, and when Harry had nearly been stabbed by Erin over a bowl of soup, he decided that he could not let his men stay on the Ship any longer. God knows what would have happened had they have stayed on the small fishing boat. What had Louis been thinking?
And so, Louis had asked-or more like demanded-that Blackbeard make a short stop at the mainland, and after further persuasion by the rest of the crew, Blackbeard agreed and chose a new course.

They were heading for the land where the Captain had grown up as a young boy, to the country of Argentina. He claimed to know people there who'd give them food and water, along with a place to rest. He'd said it strangely, Louis had thought, strangely in a way that his eyes had glistened far more than they should when he said a name, but Louis hadn't understood what that foreign name had been, and he'd ask Zayn later on.

Zayn was the only person who knew of such a place named Argentina, although Hanji and Harry both felt like they'd heard the name before, when they were still young children. Yes, Zayn was the only one who could tell the story of Argentina, who discovered it, and had the chests and cases not have sunk during the wreck that almost killed Erin and Liam, he could have shown a hand-drawn map of the place in the Atlas he'd kept.

To his knowledge, Argentina was a country in the New World, the place where men would sail and find a new life, bus as far as the reports in the newspapers would show, those sailor-men barely ever reached their destination. The legend said that between Europe, where Zayn had lived, and the New World, where they were heading, there was a creature who roamed the waters.