Part Eight

4:00 PM, Sunday September 23rd

I woke up with a groan. I was still in the same room. I looked around. This was a set up. I tried to pull my arms up. No use. I had to escape. Had to. Then I noticed a string on a strap. I pulled it, and my hand came free. Score! I got the other hand, then my shoulders, waist, knees, and ankles.

I stood up, and started to walk, rubbing my wrists. People sure didn't care about blood circulation.

After a few minutes I let my wrist go, and started running down a large hallway. I don't know exactly where I'm going, but I need to find some knives or a gun. I ran into a room, and a guy started shouting.

"She escaped! Get her!"

I grunted, and kicked him in the private parts. He hunched over in pain, and I grabbed his gun. Without thinking I shot him in the chest. I had the other three men come at me, and I shot them too. When I left the room, I ran down the hall. Logan would be screaming, but she was at home. She's not here. She's safe. I ran into another room, and it was a kitchen. I grabbed some knives, then continued down the hall.

I finally ran into a room where a large man sat in front of a desk. He must be the leader in this.

"Savannah, glad you could join us. I see you've escaped."

I glared. My daughter was nowhere to be seen.

"Where is my daughter!" Always have to make sure.

"Never took her. We tricked you, my dear."

I held up the gun. "Let me go, and I'll spare you." He just laughed.

"Darling, I cant just let you go."

A man came up and grabbed my waist. The man behind the desk took my gun.

"Sweet dreams, darling."

The man holding me slipped a pill in my mouth, and held my mouth shut so I had to swallow it. I swallowed it, and with that, I was out.

9:00 PM, Sunday September 23rd

I came into consciousness. I wasn't in the same room. I was in a large black glass container. Now I couldn't get out. I started searching in the gravel below me for anything sharp. Wait. The gravel. I picked up a large piece, and threw it. I covered my face as the glass smashed. Idiots.

I ran out of it, and grabbed the pocket knife from the heel of my boot. I got to the door, and shoved it open. An alarm went off, and I ran down a large hallway. I got to the door, and busted it down, running into the darkness of the night. I continued to run off into the forest, trying to find my way home.

1:00 AM, Monday September 24th

I was home by now, and I fell asleep. A half hour later I woke up to a note from K.

Savannah,

I see you have finished your first task already. You don't think I was there, do you? You know me, and I hid so you didn't see me. Your second task will be soon. Good luck. And by the way, I'll be watching.

-K

I set the note down in frustration, and checked on the kids and Scarlett. All four of them were home, thank God.

I went back to bed, and hoped for the best.

10:00 AM, Monday September 24th

I woke up to a raided living room. Nothing but pictures. Time for task two, I guess, huh?