Part Six

10:30 AM;;

She didn't notice, and neither did her baby boy. Wait... Baby boy!? I took a second glance, happy she didn't look.

I never was around her, and I was in her lair for a horrid three years. This is where she was for the past two years? She left after I was there for a year.

"Savannah!" She looked over at me.

Shoot. I turned my head, and ignored her. She would start this war all over if she wanted to. I sighed.

The waitress came with the check, and I paid. I got the kids, along with Scarlett, and started making my way to the door. I ignored Sydney, who was feeing her baby.

12:00 PM;;

I was sitting in the living room while Scarlett played with the kids. I sighed, thinking.

Why didn't Scarlett tell me? Why didn't she explain? Why would Mason do this? Why was Sydney there? Why does she have a baby?

I had answers for none of these. I sighed, and continued just sitting there. I looked to the kids, and smiled. At least I had them.

5:00 PM;;

Mason called Scarlett. I took the phone.

"What do you want, idiot?"

"I want to apologize."

"Too late, Mr. Smith."

"Savannah, please. At least let me see the kids."

"No. They don't want to see you, so why should you see them?"

"I raised them too, Sav."

"Who cares what you did, you filthy cheater."

"My wife cares. Seems my ex doesn't."

"I'm your EX, Mason. What do you expect?"

I didn't hear anything for awhile.

"Savannah. Please."

"No. I cant believe I called you my best friend. I can't believe I was so stupid!"

I hung up, and handed Scarlett her phone.

"Block his number," I went into my room.

7:00 PM;;

I made the kids dinner late. I was in my room crying for an hour. I didn't love Mason anymore, but I still didn't like treating him this way. I guess I just have to do what's right for the kids.

They came in my room after eating, and hugged me, along with Scarlett.

I put them to bed at 9, and then went to bed myself.

1:00 AM;;

I woke up to blood everywhere. A knife laid on the dresser in my room, along with a note. I got up, reading the note slowly.

Savannah,

I understand you have been making very hard decisions that have ruined some of your life. I know its a hard thing to do, but I need another job done, or I'll kill one kid per day. Your choice, Frashell. I'll be giving you your next clue in a day.

-K

Whose K? Why is there a knife with blood all over?

I walked into the living room. There laid my father, dead, several stab wounds in the right shoulder.

Someone is going to pay.