Dhun 8: Mere Humsafar Mere Paas Aa

Raman was in front of his apartment now. He was going to face her for the last time. He told himself that he could not fall weak. With a straight and emotionless face he entered his room.

He had expected her in a broken state but what he saw astonished him. His JKR never failed to amaze him after all. He felt the events of the morning rewinding as she looked bright and beautiful just the way she looked in the morning.

"Raman agaye aap! Mai apka hi intezar kar rahi thi" she gave her lovely smile.

How can she act so cool and unaffected? he wondered.

"Mujhe aapse bath karni hai"
 she closed the gap between them.

He reminded himself to avoid meeting her eyes. He increased the gap and looked away. "Mere paas tumhari faltu baton keliye waqt nahi hai. Mere flight ka waqt ho raha hai" he moved towards his suitcase.

She held his wrist
 "Raman! Please mat jaao"

Mere humsafar mere humsafar 

Mere paas aa mere paas aa 

"Mera hath chodo"  
Raman said trying to loosen her grip on his hand. She tightened the hold in result.

"Raman aap mujhe aise chodke nahi ja sakte" she said firmly.

"Meri zindagi hai, meri marzi. Tum kis haq se mujhe rok rahi ho?"
he said.

"Biwi hoon mai apki. Apke sath 7 phere liye hain. Hamesha sath rehne ki kasam khayi hai" she counted her rights.

"Mai aise rasmon ko nahi maanta"
He spat.

"Theek hai rasmon ko nahi maante.
Par business to samajte ho na.
Toh Mr CEO of the Year, let me remind you, aapne mere sath life-long deal seal kiya hai aur aap is deal ko thod nahi sakte" she reminded pointing at the ring in her finger which he had made her wear saying they were sealing a life long deal.

Humein saath chalna hai umr bhar 
Mere paas aa mere paas aa 

"Aisi cheezon ki meri zindagi me koi maayne nahi hain" he lied.

"Jhoot" she knew it.

"Mujhe koi shouq nahi hai jhoot bolne ka" he said looking away.

"Jiske dil me chor nahi hotha wo nazrein jhukake nahi nazrein milake baat karte hain'
Aap hi ne kahi thi na ye baat" 
she repeated the lines he had once told her.

"Der horahi hai. Jaane do" 
he said unable to counter her and lifted his suitcase. She pushed it away.

"Abhi der nahi hui hai Raman.
Abhi to hamara rishta shuru hua hai. Abhi to humne ek doosre ko samajhna shuru kiya hai.
Aur kal hi to aapne mujhse wada kiya tha ke kar takleef me aap mera sath doge. Socho agar aapke jane ke baad mere sath kisine badtameezi ki ya bura sulook kiya to mujhe koun sambhalega" 
she said trying to convince him