Once I open my eyes again I am blessed by the sight of this garden, it's amazing. It's much more than I could have imagined. The sun is almost done setting and as soon as the moon and stars come out, I'll make my way inside. I honestly don't want to leave but I know I can't stay here forever. Besides, I have to go see Emily and tell her that I'm leaving tonight. I really don't want to be apart from her but either way she is leaving to go back with her parents. I had been hoping for some more time with her, but I guess I have no choice.

Thinking about Emily and her family makes me think of something else: my past. I can't believe that I'm here right now. I thought my father would kill me before I had a chance to escape. Then, when I was sold I felt certain that I would die in that horrible place. Now, I have hope. I have hope for a future and a good one at that. I wouldn't have believed anyone if they told me I would be sitting in a beautiful garden feeling free and for the first time, safe. Thank you God, for sending me my Angel. After so many unheard prayers, I was sure that they would never be fulfilled but here I am. I still feel weak and almost everything scares me but I actually think I can someday learn to live with my past. For the mean time, I have to keep fighting.

I lift my head to look at the sky. It's incredible. The moon is shining bright and the stars complement it in the dark. How long have I been here? I didn't even notice when the moon had come up. It's time. Although I don't want to, I know I have to go inside. Tonight Alessandro is taking me to his house. I wonder if it's as big as this place. I stand and start walking back into the building while trying to imagine my new home, my first real home. I wonder, does he live with anyone else? I stop suddenly. What if he's married or has a girlfriend? I continue and open the door with a little bit of struggle before closing it behind me. Alessandro is very attractive and it's no doubt that many women agree. I try to remember if he was wearing a ring. He wasn't. He must have a girlfriend. She is probably beautiful. Wait...why am I even worrying about this? I keep walking. What is happening?

Emily

I know I should just keep waiting, I don't want to anger Alessandro but I'm worried. It's been at least a couple of hours since I last saw Amber. I wonder what he wanted with her, I really hope she's ok. With that worry I begin to walk through the building. This place is huge! I hope I don't get lost looking for Amber, Nicholas or Alessandro. Any one of them is ok, as long as I can finally know where she is. We haven't known each other for long but it's been enough time for my love to grow for her. She has been my only light throughout these dark times. I know that before we met she had gone through a whole lot more and when I looked at her I knew she felt broken, far more than I did. I know that I won't ever be the same girl I was before, what I had to go through will leave permanent scars inside of me. The thing is though, that whenever I look at Amber I feel like fighting harder. I can't imagine the life she's had and if even through it all she can still manage to be as kind and sweet, I know I can get past whatever they did to me.

Now, I have another sister to protect. I'm leaving tomorrow morning to go back home so I want to talk to Amber and let her know that I will try to come back and see her as soon as I can. I want her to know that if I'm leaving it doesn't mean I'm going to be out of her life. I'll always be there for her and even if she doesn't know it, just having her in my life makes me feel great. I've had so many friends in my past, but this is the truest friendship I have encountered.

"Emily!" I'm brought out of my thoughts by an excited Amber.

"I'm glad I found you, I thought I was going to get lost." She does seem very relieved. She is just too adorable.