Eight.

Marina

The loud vibrating of my phone on my bedside table woke me from my jet lag-induced sleep. I reached over and felt for my phone. I knocked it off the side table and cursed reaching for it off the floor. I was tempted to use my powers to pick up the phone, but I had learned the hard way not to use my powers half-asleep.

I was quick to answer before I missed the call, "Hello?"

"Hey, Marina." Peters' voice sounded wide awake.

"God, Peter, what time is it?" I sat up, rubbing my eyes.

"It's like 2:30 in the afternoon." he chuckled.

My eyes widened, "Shit, I've been asleep for 14 hours?" I slid out of bed opening my curtains. Being blinded by sunlight, I flinched, "It feels like I've been hibernating."

"Jet lag." he said, laughing, "I need a favor."

"What's up?" I asked, stretching.

"So, we were in P.E. and Ned let it slip that I knew Spider-Man and Haze. So, I was wondering if you would make an appearance at a party with me tonight. And maybe Spider-Man and Haze will show up too."

"I've never been to a party before. I guess there's a first time for everything. I'll be there. But I'm not sure if she'll show up. She may though, you never know. Do you think Underoos will show up?"

"I think so," he said, and I could tell he was smiling.

"What time?"

"Like 8:00 I think."

I opened my closet door and began pulling out clothes, "I'll be at your place at 8:00,"

"Thank you. I owe you one."

"I'll keep that in mind. See you later."

I walked to the bathroom and placed my clothes on the countertop. I stepped into the shower and went through my routine. I pulled my suit out of my closet and put it on. I put on a black skirt with small dark red roses printed on it over, a black long-sleeve turtleneck, and pulled on my black boots. I pulled out my curling iron and curled my hair. Finally, I put on mascara and eyeliner. I grabbed my leather jacket off my coat hanger.

"Friday?" I asked the open air.

"Yes, boss?"

"Did Dad already leave?"

"Yes," she replied.

"Okay, thank you, Friday."

-x-

I teleported into the alley next to Peter's apartment. I took the leather jacket I was holding and put it on. I walked out of the alley and into the front doors, it was 7:45. I walked up to the elevator and pushed the button waiting for it to open. It opened, and I walked in pressing the seven button and going up to Peter's apartment. I walked up to the door knocked on it and waited for an answer. The door opened and I was greeted by Peter.

"Hey, Mar- wow," he said, looking at me.

"What?" I asked looking at my outfit, "Do I have a stain?"

He leaned on the door frame, "No, no. Y- you just look, woah."

"You don't look too bad yourself, Parker," I said, walking into his apartment. I gave May and Ned a hug saying hi.

"You guys ready to go?" May asked, we all nodded and went downstairs to get in the car and leave.

-x-

"Wow, house party in the suburbs. I remember these." May sighed, "I'm kinda jealous."

"It's gonna be a night to remember," Ned said, smiling.

"Ned, some hats wear men. You wear that hat." May said, happily. I smiled to myself.

"Yeah, it gives me confidence." Ned chuckled, and I laughed.

"This was a mistake. May, let's just go home." Peter said, after a minute. I peeked into his mind and saw all the doubtful and scared thoughts running through his mind.

"Oh, Peter." May shook her head, "I know. I know it's hard to fit in with all the changes your body's going through. It's flowering now."

Peter gave her a sarcastic, humorless laugh.

"He's so stressed out lately." May looked at Ned and me.

"Dad's been working him hard," I said.

"But you know what helps with stress is going to a party. So, let's go." Ned insisted.

"Peter, pretty please with hot fudge and a cherry on top," I leaned against his seat, giving him puppy dog eyes, "Everyone's first party, remember?"