Two.

Peter

"New York, Queens. It's a rough borough, but hey, it's home." I said in a deep, raspy voice.

"Who are you talking to?" Happy and Marina asked in unison.

"No one. Just making a little video of the trip."

"You know you can't show it to anyone." Happy said, flatly.

I nodded, "Yeah, I know."

"Then why are you narrating in that voice?" Happy asked.

"Because it's fun," I shrugged.

"Fun?" Happy questioned further.

Marina scoffed, "C'mon, Happy, let him have some fun. I'm pretty sure this is his first time out of the country, let alone out of the state." I pointed the camera at her, she turned to me and whispered, "He's such a stick in the mud."

I chuckled, "So, uh... Why do they call you Happy?"

He rolled up the window separating himself from Marina and me, "Can uh... can I record you?"

"Sure. What do you want me to do?" she asked.

"You can just do whatever you want to do. I want to show my friend, Ned, that I met you."

"Okay." she moved to the middle seat of the car. I tried to move over but she pulled me closer, "Come here. I don't bite."

"Alright." I turned it to my front camera, so you could see me and pressed record. "Hey, Ned. You're never gonna believe who I'm with right now!" I moved my phone, so you could see us both.

"Hey, Ned. I've heard great things about you from Peter. He's a really cool guy. I hope I get to meet you soon. I mean if you're as great as Peter makes you sound. Then I would love to meet you. See you around!" she smiled and winked at the camera and I stopped recording.

I looked at her and she was looking at me. She had kind eyes, one brown and one blue, long black hair, caramel-colored skin, and the softest-looking lips. I smiled at her and she blushed.

"So, you can uh... read minds, right?"

"Um... yeah. The only good thing that came from..." she paused and made a vague gesture with her hand. "Nat- I mean Black Widow, trained me to fight."

I remembered hearing about her lab accident on the news. It freaked out everyone because people thought she had died. Not a single person thought she could've survived and nobody ever would've thought it gave her powers. I decided to try and distract her from it.

"Can you read my mind?" I asked, "I mean if you don't want to-"

"Yeah. I mean I kinda already have but." she trailed off. My eyebrows raised and her eyes widened, "Not a lot! Just to make sure you were telling the truth and where your suit was. And to kind of get an idea of what Ned looked like." she cleared her throat, "Sorry."

"It's okay." I shook my head.

She sighed, "Okay. You're gonna feel a slight sting." she placed her hands on the sides of my head and closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. Then, when she opened her eyes again and they were all white. I felt a little sting then everything disappeared.

-x-

"Kiddo, hand me the-" a younger Mr. Stark got cut off.

"I already did it." a young girl said.

She was blonde and brown-eyed. I almost didn't recognize her, but quickly realized it was Marina.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"I mean I already stabilized it," she said, looking at her father.

"How?" he asked, she opened her mouth to speak, but he cut her off, "Never mind. I trust you. But I want to check it just in case."

The young Marina sighed, handing Mr. Stark a screwdriver, "Okay."

Mr. Stark poked at the reactor and it started to glow. "Ah! See, trust your old man," he said, pulling her into a side hug.

They both laughed, but it didn't last long. The reactor began glowing brighter and brighter. They looked at it confused. Marina quickly grabbed the screwdriver trying to stabilize the reactor.

"We gotta get outta here." Mr. Stark said, pulling her away.

"No, I can fix it!" she broke out of his hold and ran back toward the reactor.

"Marina, no!" Mr. Stark quickly ran to get her but was too late. The reactor exploded throwing Marina back. It almost looked like a black aura entered her body.

Mr. Stark screamed, running to her, "Jarvis, get me emergency services. Now!"

The memory faded away.