SIXTY

CHAPTER 60 | UNEXPECTED VISITORS

MOMENTS later, Daenerys and Missandei arrived on the wet sands outside of the cave, where Tyrion and Varys waited for her

MOMENTS later, Daenerys and Missandei arrived on the wet sands outside of the cave, where Tyrion and Varys waited for her. Davos appeared from inside the cave also. Maia finally recovered from her awkward episode and walked over with Jon to join the conversation, which consisted of Daenerys looking to each of them in confusion. "What is it?" She asked.

Varys glanced at Tyrion and nudged him. The dwarf sent Varys a glare. "We took Casterly Rock."

Daenerys smiled. "That's very good to hear." She watched her two advisors frown towards each other. "Isn't it?"

"More than half of the Lannister army was not present at Casterly Rock," Tyrion explained. "The rest attacked the Reach, where they killed Olenna Tyrell and their troops. They took the grain and food, as well as all the Tyrell gold."

Maia scratched the back of her head, trying to remember another instance this had happened. She thought really hard, back to past episodes she watched with her ex. She swore this happened somewhere else, but –

A light bulb ticked off in her head.

"Gods," she muttered, "they Robb Stark-ed us."

Davos turned, giving Maia a look of utter confusion, or annoyance. She couldn't tell. "What?" He asked.

"The Battle of Whispering Wood. It's only in every Northern history book in the Winterfell library, might I add," she scoffed. "It was during the War of the Five Kings. Tywin Lannister decided to split his forces in half, leading one to march North, by the Green Fork, and the other by Riverrun, which was of greater value to the Starks. Robb Stark, the King in the North, sent his largest force to Riverrun to battle that army, while he allowed his wife to lead another force to the Green Fork, which confused Tywin. The –"

Varys sighed, "Enough of the history lesson, my lady."

"You get what I mean," she muttered.

Daenerys stomped her foot into the sand and marched off, causing Tyrion to groan and chase after her. The waves crashed and rolled onto the shore beside them, making it hard to hear. The rest of the group followed Daenerys' trek across the wet sand. "You'll want to discuss this amongst yourselves," Davos mentioned.

"Yeah," Maia agreed. "Dragonglass is calling."

"You will stay," Daenerys commanded.

Jon glanced to Maia and Davos, who were rolling their eyes. "All my allies are gone," Daenerys continued. "They've been taken from me while I've been sitting here on this island."

"You still have the largest army," Tyrion reminded.

"Who won't be able to eat because Cersei has taken all the food from the Reach!"