THIRTY ONE

CHAPTER 31 | MAKING HISTORY

POURING her deepest secrets to someone who clearly understood made Maia feel greatly relieved

POURING her deepest secrets to someone who clearly understood made Maia feel greatly relieved. Melisandre was an aid to the Lord of Light, thus she had quite a bit of knowledge on sorcery and different types of gifts. Melisandre immediately compared her gift to one of a Traveler, who had the ability to move through universes foreign to them after being reincarnated every 50 years. She deemed Maia instantly to have a larger purpose in the Seven Kingdoms then what she led on. The Red Woman wasn't sure if she was the true Traveler or not, but she couldn't deny the similarities. And that was oddly terrifying to Maia.

After a long night of telling Jon that though she could not fight in his battles, Maia wanted to travel with him to gather support. It took a lot of convincing – seeing as the two woke up on the floor next to a dying fire with furs wrapped around their bare selves – but Jon had finally agreed. She was scared, if she were being honest, because it wasn't everyday that she was threatened to be raped by some psychotic man she'd never met. But with having her important talk with Melisandre a few days prior, Maia knew this was the best she could do.

She waved good morning to Brienne and Podrick as they passed. Maia began readying her horse and stroked it's soft back. Jon had allowed her to ride the one she had admired for a while: a stark white stallion with long, black hair. As she attached her pack to the horse's reins, she felt a light kiss pressed upon her cheek, and Maia turned to Jon on her right.

His eyes – as usual – held an extreme sense of worry, and she guessed that if they were alone and not in the middle of the snow-covered courtyard, he would've been pacing. "Promise me you won't do anything rash while on this voyage."

"You're being ridiculous." She rolled her eyes before glancing at him once again. His face practically pled for her to agree. "Alright, I promise."

Leaning in, Maia pecked his lips softly. He held her chin in his gloved fingers, appreciating the way he could now kiss his lady in front of all to see, without worrying of his Watch duties. He could do everything that was in his former oath: he could take a wife, hold lands, and father children. The future was limitless now, but it was his fear for these times that was pushing him back.

"Everything will be fine." She compelled, her breath fanning his mouth enough to make him want to kiss her again. "Soon, we shall be in Winterfell. Your sister shall rule and you will have fought valiantly in any battles crossed. I can walk around in a pretty, velvet dress – made by yours truly – while exploring the depths of your home." Maia smiled at the possibilities.

Jon smirked, whispering for only her to hear, "I'd rather rip it off of you."

Maia narrowed her eyes. "You do that, and I'll hit your nose yet again, Snow."

He walked away with a tiny smile on his features, noticing Sansa sauntering in his direction. She held a large cloak in her arms and wore a new dress made of heavy fabric, the Stark emblem stitched into the front. "New dress?" He inquired, raising a brow.