Chapter 4

Had I just imagined his eyes turning black, or did they? And why had he freaked out when I saw them? This was very confusing. I sat there thinking for a while, then decided to give up for now. Looking over at him, I could see he had stopped pacing and was now looking up at the sky. I looked up, but all I saw were trees. He walked over to me then and put his hand out.  

"Sorry 'bout that. We better get back to the room now." He said, but wouldn't look me in the face. I tried to see his eyes but he looked away. I took his hand and he helped me up, then began walking off, so I followed. Once in the elevator I knew there would be no where for him to go so I could get a better look. He pushed floor seven and when the door closed, I pushed him up against the wall and looked at them. They were normal. He smirked at me as I sighed and stepped back, crossing my arms and leaning against the wall. "Do you have a thing with eyes or something, cause that's the 2nd time today you've pushed me up against something to look at them." I glared at him.  

"Well yes I do have a thing for eyes, and I was checking yours cause I could have sworn back there they went black."  

"Black? Well it was really dark you know. How would you be able to tell?" 

"Well were they?" 

"No." He answered me quickly.  

"Mm." I'd drop it for now. When we got to the room, it looked like everyone must have gone to bed already. Damon went to his room, the one to the left of mine, and I was alone. So, not having anything better to do, I went to my room. I changed into my pajamas, consisting of plaid short shorts and a long baggy t-shirt, and plopped down on my bed with a sigh. It was Saturday and school was starting on Monday so I could sleep in tomorrow. Doubt I would though since the huge window I had would let in so much light. I tried to think about everything that had happened but just ended up wearing myself out, being clueless, so after a while I just went to sleep...

"Mommy watch out!"

I jolted awake, the sound of a little girls scream echoing through my mind, my scream. These dreams were getting more frequent. I didn't remember my parents but I kept having dreams, flashbacks of the crash. I looked at the clock to see I had only slept an hour and sighed.  

"Oh joy, another night of no sleep." I had a sleeping problem as it was, I was an insomniac, but because of the dreams it was getting worse. I knew I wouldn't be able to get back to sleep easily, and if I tried it would take hours. I shivered as my feet touched the cold floor, and walked to the door. I opened the door slowly, to find that it was pitch black. Taking a deep breath, I sprinted through the hall hoping to get to light asap, but instead found myself hitting a wall. I fell to the floor and looked up. Crap, can't see a thing! I don't remember there being a wall here... I strained my eyes, trying to see what I had run into, when I heard breathing. Apparently what I had run into wasn't a wall cause last I checked, walls didn't breath.

Someone was in here. I had never really liked the dark, I liked it when it was night time but only when the moon was out. And right now it was about as dark as it could get. I started to panic and scrambled back a little ways until I felt a hand on me. I held in a scream and buried my face in my hands, pulling my legs into my chest.  

"Jayden, Jay it's ok." Said the thing that had just touched me, but I didn't believe it yet. I felt a hand on me again and noticed I was shaking. I heard a sigh and then felt arms wrap around me. "Jay, open your eyes." 

"No." I whisper shouted. I heard a soft chuckle and then felt the ground disappear. I gasped and clung onto whoever was carrying me. Immediately I started calming down. Wow I've lost it. Some creeper in the night picks me up and I feel safer. Lovely. I also began to feel very tired. I relaxed the rest of the way, now feeling I wasn't in any danger anymore, and got into a more comfortable position. I opened my eyes to see that, I could actually see. There was moonlight shining through the window, lighting up the living room. I could barely keep my eyes open though, I was so tired for some reason. I was set down on the couch and groaned, waking up a little.  

"Why are you up?" I completely forgot about who had just carried me and looked up to see Aiden standing there looking at me.  

"I couldn't sleep." I sat up, now not very tired anymore and looked up at him. 

"Nightmare?" He asked me. 

"Memory, and doesn't help that I have insomnia so it's hard to sleep anyway." He nodded. "Why are you up?" And why were you standing in the middle of the hall in the dark?..  

"I... Couldn't sleep either." He sat down on the couch across from me. For some reason I was very restless now, and didn't like him being so far away when he could have sat right next to me. I got up and walked over to where he was sitting and sat down next to him, sitting with my legs crossed facing him.  

"Well what do you usually do when you can't sleep? Any pointers, I haven't figured anything out yet." I asked him. He sighed and scooted closer to me. 

"Would you like to go to sleep right now?" He asked me.  

"Yes. I only slept for an hour." I told him. 

"Ok, goodnight then." I looked at him confused. "Oh one more thing, if you don't want to fall asleep here then I advise we go to your room." We? 

"Uh.. Alright." I started for my room, but stopped at the hallway. "But it's so dark.." 

"Would you like me to carry you or would you like to make a run for it again?" He said with an amused smile. I glared at him before wrapping my arms around his neck. "Ok then." He picked me up and walked into the hall. As we headed toward my room I buried my face in his neck, closing my eyes. He smelled really good, and really familiar. Hmm, just like Damon. Maybe they wear the same cologne or something and I just smelled it before. Once in my room I opened my eyes, it was brighter in here but not much. He set me down on my bed and the next thing I knew he was in it with me.  

"Whoa whoa whoa, what are you doing? I need to get to know you better before I sleep with you. In anyway." I said, looking at him kinda horrified. He looked at me and calmly got out of the bed. 

"You asked for my help. I was giving it." Ok strange one.  

"I think I'll try and sleep on my own thanks. Goodnight." I put my head under the covers and waited until I heard my door shut to take them off. Why did he think sleeping with me would get me to sleep? And hopefully he just meant, harmlessly sleeping, nothing more. The dark hall popped back into my head and I thought about it. When he had picked me up, I nearly fell asleep right then. Maybe he had a point. Oh well, I'll try and get to sleep on my own first.

Laying there for another 2 hours, tossing and turning, trying to get comfortable, I failed at getting to sleep. I looked over at the clock to see it was now around 3. Frustrated with all this I threw my sheets off and stormed out of my room and was startled by all the darkness once again. Ok, now which room was his again? I think it was the one on the right. I gently knocked on the door and walked in after hearing a mumbled 'yes?' Aidens room looked built the same as mine, just the colors were different. It seemed to have the theme of, black. He sat up from his bed and I could see that he wasn't wearing a shirt. I was very thankful for my jaw not dropping when I saw his wonderfully toned body. 

"Can you help me sleep, getting desperate here." His answer was patting the other side of the bed. I warily got into his bed and lay down as close to the edge as I could. Before I even put my head on the pillow he put his arms around me and pulled me to him. I stiffened but didn't try and move, feeling calmer within seconds. But I still felt a little too weird to go to sleep. "Soo... Is your favorite color black?" I felt a laugh shake his body. 

"Go to sleep Jayden." He looked like he was going to be out any second, so I let my body give in to temptation and relaxed into him. I watched his chest rise and fall, and soon was sound asleep.

~~ Hey I actually got a chapter out today! :D Thought I wouldnt be able to cause of exams but I just couldnt help myself. Stayed up extra late to do it haha so just like the end of the last chapter, and this one, I was half asleep writing it. Oh well, i'll read them again when I'm actually awake and most likely change some of it. Any ideas on what you think Jaydens room mates could be? Cause if you havnt figured it out yourself yet, they're not normal! (no their not vampires eveyrone haha just getting that out there since that tends to be everyones first guess) Vote, comment, READ, Thanks :P Goodnight ~~