Part 3

Erit's pov

She's lying I know she is. She's just playing with my mind. He would never try to kill me, his only son. She thinks she can just say that and I'll trust her. How pathetic.

I look over at her and she's asleep her face seems pained but relaxed at the same time. It is  already dark out. I look for some wood hoping to maybe start a fire. I find small sticks problem is it's not going to be able to last me all night. I get two rocks and hit them together making a small pathetic spark.

"Quieter please I'm trying to sleep," The firecracker growls. I look over meeting her dragon-like eyes. I hit the rocks together again looking down at my work. I hear a sigh then a flap. I look up to see her with more wood that I guess I didn't see and she coughs. I get the wrong impression and roll my eyes.

"I'm not going to tell you thank you because you got me some sticks," I grumble. Then before I can react a ball of fire hits the sticks catching instantly. I look up to see her drink water from the pond.

"Dumb human need for warmth," she mumbles laying down.

"Oh ya forgot you aren't human. How could I forget," I spit. She flinches looking sad at my comment.

"I'm more human than you Vikings like to believe," she says "you just refuse to give me a chance to prove myself." I roll my eyes seeing her cover herself in her wings. She hisses soddenly jumping up and looking at her right wing. She sighs slowly raising it up looking pained. It drops and she pulls her knees up to her chest dropping her head. "I'm sorry," she mumbles to herself "for not coming back, for running, for coming back. It was all a mistake. I should have never come. I should have never left. What am I going to do? Skydiver will never forgive me if I never return. But now I can't because I was dumb."

"Go to sleep," I growl tired of her pretending to be sad.

"Sorry," she says standing and walking away. I look over to see her run a hand threw her hair before she falls to her knees head down. I roll over to sleep. She needs to stop pretending it's getting old.

Gala's pov
I finally fell asleep last night. Only to be awakened by a horrid smell. I look around tiredly to see Erit cooking something.

"What is that terrible smell," I say covering my nose.

"My breakfast," he scuffs "don't worry you don't get any."

"Thank the gods I don't!" I say walking over to the pond. I look threw the water seeing large fish I use my good wing as a spear. I lift it up slowly. Then shoot it into the water. I do this three times catching two fish. I look at the other fish sadly knowing I have no one to share with. I use my hands to cook the fish quickly. I go to take a bite then see Erit. He looks pitiful eating his disgusting food. He catches me.

"What? Got a problem?" He asks bitterly.

"No," I say standing and walking over with a fish. I stop when he starts to back up and get to my knees. I hold out the fish with one hand. He watches me silently not moving. I use my good wing and my other hand to scoot closer.

"Why?" He asks not trusting me. I just smile softly getting close as I dare put the fish on a rock then back away. "I don't need your food," he says looking away.

"I'm sure you don't," I say "but you can have some if you want." He looks back over at me. He takes the fish slowly watching me the whole time. I smile standing and walking over to my fish. I look over to see Erit watching me. I look down at my fish not wanting him to watch me while I eat I pull my wing up I open my mouth revealing my fangs that retract when I bite something. I do have venom but multiple types and I rather not use them. I bite into the fish pulling a peace off.