My Brother's Freedom

I went to my tent and grabbed a knife out. I walked straight to my brother who is tied up and was sitting in the corner. I cut the rope to his feet and dragged him to the gate. I told the boy who was watching the gate, to open it.
"Is that a grounder?"

"Yes but he is also my brother. And if anyone is going to fight him it'll be me or the person he is attacking. But not now."

He opened the gate and I pushed him out making him fall on the floor. He got back up, I could tell he was mad.

"So this is what you choose? Them?"

I didn't say anything because I knew he wouldn't understand.

"Do you actually think these people will ever trust you after this war?"

"I know they would"

"Do you think that the one they call Bellamy will actually care for you."

"I don't know what you mean"

"Whatever, just kill-"

"Look that's not why I'm letting you go. If I lose this battle, If I become scared, If I'm not strong enough , and If I die, it will be because of you." his eyes softened a bit before give a hard glare again.

"Please Aries, you have to do this. I have to lose to you. Your my family................. I love you."

I fell to my knees. For the first time I felt weak, vulnerable.

It was nothing but silence. I thought he was going to kill me. But then.

"A warrior's heart is stronger then a warrior's strength."

I was shocked. How could he remember that? My mother, I never really knew what that ment. But I think I'm starting to.

"I love you too." he says then run into the forest.

I watched him leave as I let my first tear in years slip down my cheek and drip down my chin.

I quickly got up and whipped my tear away.

And went back in the gate. I can't deal with this now we are in a war.

And blood must have blood.