Sattcula #2

Years pass by like minutes, decades fly past like hours. When you practically cannot die, life gets boring. You see people make the same stupid mistakes over and over and they never learn.

"So, I came to you. Think you can do it?" Dracula asks the witch in front of him. The dark eyed man stares at him for a little, he takes in a breath and turns away.

"Make you human again? Yeah, I think so," he replies simply. He goes to a bookshelf that has so many books that it seems impossible to find the right one. But apparently it is organized because Mike goes to one section immediately and pulls books out. He reads their titles quietly and either puts them back or leaves them on top of an ever growing pile. "Ok, the potion will be in one of these." He takes a seat at as desk and reads the contents of every book. He lands on one of them and holds up the book. Dracula rushes over to see the spell.

"What is being human like?" Dracula asks Mike, who looks thoroughly offended.

"I- How- Why would I know? I am a witch! Not one of those no-mags! I am of pure magic blood, and-"

"Yeah yeah ok. What do you need? For the potion," the older asks. The witch shoots a harsh glare before reading off and agonizingly long list of ingredients.

"I have all of these, but I ran out of bat fang yesterday. Mind helping me out? I'll reduce the cost," Mike begs, getting bat fang runs the risk of getting bit, so the younger would do anything to avoid having to be the retriever.

"Ok, just get everything else ready for when I come back." Dracula grabs his cloak and hurries out the door into the shadowy forest.

Mike pulls out his cauldron and starts adding the first parts. He stirs and waits for Dracula to get back. Order matters when dealing with such important potions. He hums softly as he works, swaying slightly as he organizes jars of ingredients and repositions books. When the vampire returns with the bat fang, he feels a smirk form on his lips as he watches the skinny witch work. Finally he knocks on the small wooden door.

"Hello hello!" The shorter hands over the bat fang and finds a place to sit and watch the witch work. He finds himself entranced by the younger's movements, watching intently as he expertly adds to the cauldron. He blinks out of his trance when the younger announces happily that it is done.

"Are you sure about this? Of course you can just go get bit again if you end up regretting it, but you are like, the original, and I'll tell you now, I've heard transformation hurts like hell," Mike tells him with a worried look on his face.

"Yeah, living forever isn't as good as some people might think." He holds out his hand for the bottle. He nods at the witch when it is handed to him. He takes a deep breath and chugs the whole thing. He closes his eyes and a weird warm feeling rushes through his body.

When he opens his eyes he sees Mike sitting in front of him with a worried look on his face.

"Are you ok? You passed out! Wait, you still have fangs. Dracula? How do you feel? Oh I have to find out what you actually just drank," the younger gasps out in a panic.

"No need for that, beautiful. I'll be fine. Just stay here with me," the older whispers as he grabs the witch's hand and pulls him close. Mike struggles against the vampire strength that has him held prisoner. "Why do you wish to run, love? I can give you everything you could ever need."

"No. You did not just drink what I think you drank. Ok, let me go make sure so I can fix this. This isn't so bad. I am a fully capable witch. I can fix this." Mike pulls out of Dracula's grip as it softens around him.

"What has got you so worried my darling? I promise you, there is no reason to fret," Dracula says, and grabs Mike's hands again, kissing him on the forehead. The witch smiles slightly, it had been a pretty long time since anyone had shown him that much affection. He closes his eyes as the cold warmth that radiates off Dracula's frame surrounds him. Then his eyes shoot open.