Polyderps #1

"Come on Tom, you know this was for the best. It wasn't safe for him here anymore," Steven said quietly to the seemingly broken boy.

"But all the way across the country? I miss him so much Ze. His parents won't even let me visit, they don't want anyone there to find out. It's over Ze! I-I'm alone again." Small sobs escaped the blonde's mouth as they talked of his ex-boyfriends departure.

"You'll always have us Tom," Galm hummed, "I know we're not the same as John. We're far from it, but we won't leave you." Chilled nodded, not sure what to say.

We won't leave you.

You'll always have us.

Even friends lie to each other.

--

"Hey Tom! How was the end of your summer?" Ze asks as they wander onto the school complex for the start of their junior year. "What happened while Galm and I were gone?"

"Well, I beat Fire Emblem: Echoes. It was pretty good, not as much fun when I can't do their voices," Tom sighs.

"That's definitely not all, what happened? Have you seen Chilly?" Galm butts in. Tom tenses up at the name. The other two share a look.

"Well uh, he... he ignored me for the entire time you were gone." Ze's and Galm's eyes shoot open, neither can believe the words that had just left the Tom's mouth.

"He, he WHAT? I am going to give him such a stern lecture! Oh how dare he that ignorant asshole!" Galm growls at the thought.

"Who is that? Is he with a girl?" They all turn to see their Italian friend with his arm around a girl, talking cooly with all the guys that used to bully Tom and Smarty. Tom stares expressionlessly, Galm glares daggers, and Ze begins to walk his direction. Galm takes Tom into the building to find their first class as Ze makes his way to Chilled. Neither stop him, Ze had always been the most well liked of their little group.

"Hey Chi-Anthony!" Ze calls out, nearly calling him Chilled earned him a glare from his friend. "Uh, who is this?"

"Steven, this is Emily, my girlfriend. Emily, this is my friend Steven," Anthony replies. Emily gives Steven a dark look before smiling and shaking his hand.

"Nice to meet you Emily, I'm gonna go now, uh bye!" The Canadian runs off in a hurry. As he hurries off one thought goes through his head.

Emily and Anthony cannot stay together.

Especially not with his current feelings towards the tallest. He meets Tom and Galm at lunch and tells them all about his confrontation. Both Tom and Galm seem to sadden when Ze tells them that Emily is dating Anthony. The mood is dampened even more when Anthony walks past their lunch table. He stops for a moment to whisper to Steven that he's sorry, but he'll be sitting with Emily.

After school Steven, Galm, and Tom begin their daily walk to Ze's house, where they play video games and do homework for hours together. Today is different though.

"Was it me? It was probably me. I'm sorry!" Tom apologizes as soon as they get to Ze's room.

"It wasn't you Tommy, I am positive it's Emily. How could he ever in millions of years leave because he has one of the kindest, funniest, most wonderful friends in existence?" Ze reassures.

"We need to help him. I'm gonna be straight up about this. I like Chilled. A lot," Galm states.

"Well that's not very straight now is it?" Tom whispers quietly, but Ze giggles loudly as Galm rolls his eyes.

"If we're admitting this I like him too."

"Me three."

"I can work with this. Chilled said he could come for video games tomorrow. I think we should discuss this. I propose we make a bet," Galm suggests.