Rainbows Are Visions: SMF

Summary: We all know Emma can sing, we all know Emma's mother died. What about Noah? How come none of his parents ever show up to... Well, really anything? Here's the sad reason why.

Trigger Warnings: Mentioned Character Death, language, gore.

Rated : T

Noah stood in the computer lab alone. He wasn't programing, or even looking up new ranger team on the database Tensuo gave him. He was singing to himself.

"Why are there so many songs about rainbows, and what's on the other side? Rainbows are visions, but only illusions; and rainbows have nothing to hide... So we've been told and some choose to believe it. I know they're wrong wait and see... Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection the lovers, the dreamers and me. Who said that every wish would be heard and answer when wished on the morning star?" A tear fell down his cheek as he remembered his parents. When they were still alive his mom and him would chase after the Rainbow after a storm.

"Noah?" Jake knocked on the lab window. "You good man? I heard you singing..." Noah wiped a tear from his face then nodded,

"Yeah... Yeah, I'm good." Jake smiled and clapped his shoulder.

"Great! Come on, Gosei just messaged us. He has this new training thing set up." Noah stood then grabbed his lap top bag.

"Then what are we waiting for?" The two rangers ran from school to their base.

Later...

They were the last ones to reach the command center. "Hey, so what's up?" Jake said high fiving Orion.

"This new training system allows you to communicate with your minds, break the walls you've created and trust your team members." Since everyone else was on board with the idea Noah didn't really have a choice. They all got on the cots which were arranged in a circular shape. Noah fidgeted with the sleeve of his long sleeved jacket. He could see bits and pieces of his friend's past flowing through his eyelids. Orion celebrating his birthday, Emma singing with her mom, Jake's first game of soccer, Gia and her family having movie night. "Noah, open your mind. Reveal who you truly are." Reveal all of his secrets?

"Don't you trust us?" Troy asked while on the cot. This isn't about trust... Thought Noah. The Blue Ranger allowed cracks to appear on the wall. Memories of his parents and him on Musical Monday Nights. He switched to his first rain storm, he danced and jumped around with his mom while his dad read the newspaper from the front step. Suddenly, he wasn't in control of his mind anymore. The cracks got bigger and bigger as it showed memories of the bullies and tormenters from his old school. The wider the cracks the more painful the memory. He was sure his team could feel waves of pain and fear coming off of him. He watched as he stopped being so energetic and more scientific. He watched as his grandmother was found dead due to a heart attack. Then he watched another rain storm. The rainstorm.

His mom looked out the window and grinned at the sight of the rain. "Come on Noah! Just like old times!" The ten year old scientist didn't look up from the volcano he was building. "Please Noah? For your mom, just once?" The boy sighed and put down the newspaper and paint.

"Okay." He answered. His mother smiled even bigger then they both ran outside singing Rainbow Connection. "Mom! Mom, don't go into that intersection, there's always some accident happening!" Not hearing him over the storm his mother jumped into the center of it and danced and sang with a smile. "Mom!" He screamed when he heard the screeching of tires against the wet asphalt. "Mom!" He ran towards the growing crowd of people. "Get out of the way! That's my mom! Mom! Please!" He reached the center of the intersection and saw his mother's body mangled and bloody. He tears mixed into the water on his face as he gingerly held her hand kneeling beside her body. His mom smiled when she saw him.

"Someday we'll find it... That rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers and me..." Her hand fell slack against the pavement and Noah grabbed her body in a hug.

"Mom? Mom!"

The scene changed. It showed and older Noah, around thirteen years old. He was trying to focus on his work in the library, but the wannabe jocks were throwing crumpled up pieces of paper at him. They were actually notes, but Noah didn't have to open them to read what they said. "Hey!" Noah looked up and saw Jake, Captain of the soccer team. "What are you guys doing?!" The librarian hissed at them to be quiet, but he ignored her. Jock number one scoffed then said,

"He's a nerd who gets tormented daily. It's the circle of life." Jake's face changed from pure anger to even more pissed off.

"You're off the team." Jock number one stared in disbelief. "When coach finds out about this he'll kick you out of the entire athletic department so it would be possible for any of you assholes to get an athletic scholarship from this high school." The soccer team slowly walked out of the room. "Hi." He sat down across from Noah. "I'm Jake." Noah stuttered,

"N-Noah." The simulation ended and the rangers were back inside the command center. Noah stood up, but Gia spoke first,

"You can sing?" Out of all the questions she could have answered that wasn't one he expected. He replied,

"I'm not that great..." Jake scoffed,

"You're being modest Noah! You're amazing at singing!" Emma gave Noah a hug, which ended up in a tackle group hug on the floor.

"Jake's right Noah. Never think anything else." Noah nodded then Troy said,

"Why didn't you tell us sooner?" Noah sighed and adjusted his clothes.

"I just, I didn't want you guys to think of me differently." Orion smiled,

"How could we Noah? You're a ranger now and forever. Nothing will ever change that."