I Will Protect You: 2017

Not Requested

Summary: Jason's little sister claims monsters haunts her dreams. Her older brother swears to protect her, but who protects the leader of the Power Rangers when he's weak?

Notes: I came up with this idea after watching the deleted scene reel with Jason's sister. Takes place Post-Movie I don't own Power Rangers.

Trigger Warnings: slight PTSD Flashbacks(Jason), Language, slight gore.

&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$

Pearl Scott was not your average first grader. She knew something bad happened to her big brother because now her dad and brother get into fights every night. She knew what happened was bad because older kids always follow her home. She tells her brother they're monsters because that's what they are...

"Pearlie! Wake up! I have to get to school!" The ten year old groaned and rolled off her bed landing on the floor. Her brother knocked on her door, "Pearl, I'm coming in!" As promised the door opened, cueing her to try to cover the blueish purplish blotches on her back with her blanket. Jason crossed his arms then asked, "what are you hiding?" The girl smirked then grabbed her backpack.

"Nothing Jace. Come on, I'm going to be late!"

Later that night, the monsters came again...

Pearl was being cornered by monsters of all shapes and sizes. They all kicked and punched her until she fell to the floor. The monsters would say things like, "Your family doesn't deserve to live in this town!" Or, "your brother is a disappointment to all of us!" Then they left her alone in the darkness. The ten year old sniffed then stood up. She walked around the corner than saw the evil lady attacking innocent people. Pearl grabbed a metal pole left in the alley and ran in between the woman and the people holding the rod like a sword.

"Why are you so bad?!" Pearl screamed at the woman, Rita, she calls herself. Rita chuckles and kneel down to the ten year olds level.

"A little girl like you would never understand." Pearl pulled back her arm and slammed the pole on the evil lady's head making her gasp in pain.

"I know that being evil is bad, and that's enough for me!" Suddenly a blast of energy forced Rita away from her and a man/robot thing dressed in red separated the two. Turning his back on Rita for just a second the Red Ranger knelt down and asked,

"Are you okay?" Pearl nodded then suddenly the red person was ripped from her sight and thrown into a building.

"No!" She screamed. The girl ran twords the crash zone in hopes of finding the hero.

Pearl woke up with a scream. Jason and her mom by her side in an instant. "Pearl, honey, it's okay. It was just a nightmare." Jason hugged his sister closer into his chest to provide warmth and comfort.

"Mommy, I dreamed of the bad woman. The one who attacked our home!" Jason's eyes hardened and squeezed Pearl closer to him. "I stopped her from hurting normal people, but then she made the red superhero crash into a building!" Her mother continued to speak soothing words, but her brother could only think of the battle from just a few months ago.

"I know baby." Mrs. Scott whispered, "it was only a dream! After all, the heroes survived remember? They slapped the evil woman into space!" Pearl sniffed then hugged Jason tightly.

The red ranger stood up, surprising both his sister and mother. "I have to use the bathroom." He excused himself then exited the room. While he entered the bathroom he began to shake. His hands twitched uncontrollably, and his legs suddenly disappeared from underneath him. He became unfocused.

"Jason?" Wait. That voice, find the voice. "Jason can you hear me?" Yes. He wanted to say, yes, I can hear you. "You need to breath okay? You're scaring me. Please!" The distant voice began to slowly breath. "In... Out... In... Out... In... Out..." His breathing slowed and his eyes refocused. He gripped something, the counter, and shakily stood up. "Are you okay Jason?" He opened his eyes and saw a worried ten year old looking up at him. The red ranger smiled and nodded. "Do you have monsters too?" She asked. Jason replied,

"Yes. Only sometimes my bad dreams happen during the daytime." Pearl hugged him around his waist then said,

"I know you're the older brother and all... But I will protect you from your monsters." Jason knelt down and smiled,

"We will protect each other."

Because sometimes, it doesn't matter if you have superpowers or not. Eventually, everyone needs a hero.

A/N

Sorry it was so short, but other than that, how'd I do? Comment or PM any requests or questions.

~Nerd656,