Chapter 7

Derrick's POV

About a week has passed since Oliver has become my 'lover.' I have to say, for a lover, he's pretty bad at his job. He never says anything sweet, and I can forget about cuddling or kisses.

Wait, why do I care? I shook my head. I... I don't. Then, why am I so upset? Growling, I pushed off my bed. I checked the time - eight in the morning - before making my way to the living room. I was just at the end of the hallway when I froze, staring at Oliver's sleeping form on the couch.

A blanket had been carelessly thrown over him - I'm assuming Lucy did it - and his legs were exposed. I stared down at the small form, my eyes roaming over his long, creamy legs. His lashes were long, longer than I'd thought, and stood out against his pale skin.

My body reacted, heat pulsing in my pants as I impulsively reached out, brushing his face gently. He shivered, groaning at my touch. Swallowing, I moved my hand down, resting it on his hip. I liked how well he fit to me. It... Worked. He was just the right size, shape, and-

"What are you doing?"

I blinked, jumping away as Oliver stared at me, his face slightly red. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes, sitting up. "-ime is it?" He asked mumbling.

"Eight." I replied, not meeting his eyes.

He was quiet for a moment before his gasped, rushing to his room. I sat quietly, staring at my hand. What was I doing? Am I so sexually deprived that I'd actually consider bedding a man? I shuddered. No way.

Oliver came back, grabbing his bag from the couch. I coughed. "Oliver, do you... Wanna join me on set again today?"

It had become a regular thing for us to do; he'd come to see me act and help with lines, and then we'd go and eat. Oliver shook his head. "Can't. I have somewhere important to be."

I felt annoyance build up. "Where would this important place be?"

Oliver blushed. "No where."

A weird, irritating feeling twisted up in my chest. Why wouldn't he tell me? Instead of saying anything, I grunted, watching as he shouldered his bag and moved towards the door. "Want me to drive you?"

Oliver shook his head. "No thanks. I want to walk today."

Clenching my jaw, I swallowed roughly and nodded, watching with a strange feeling welling up he walked to the door, then disappeared.

---

It's been hours since Oliver left. Hours. Where did he go?! Lucy said to leave him be, but I couldn't help but think about him. "He's a tough guy. If anyone tried to do something he'd just sarcasm them to death." Lucy at laughed at her comment, then dragged me off to another filming session without another thought.

All through the filming, I fidgeted nervously, glancing at my phone every so often. "What's got you so riled up?" Lucy asked me during lunch break.

"Nothing... It's just... What do you think Oliver is doing? He hasn't called at all today."

Lucy scowled. "You're still on that? Honestly, aren't you just trying to get rid of him?"

My heart clenched at the thought before I remembered something. This is exactly what I had wanted. To get Oliver to leave and then fire Lucy. But... Will I still be able to see him, even after he's no longer my fake lover? Even after we no longer live together? I froze, hating the thought of never being able to see him again.

"-ick... Derrick?" Lucy gave me a strange look, her brows furrowed. "You okay? You were looking a little... Down just now."

Shaking my head, I picked up the script, flipping through it quietly. Lucy watched me a moment longer before turning back to the schedule in her hand. "Okay. Another hour and then you can go back and rest. If you want, we can stop for lunch."

I looked up. "Ask Oliver if he'd like to join us."

Lucy bit her lip. "I can't."

"Why not?"

"He's spending the day with his siblings."

I frowned. "Can't he do that any day of the week?"

Lucy blinked. "Derrick... You mean you don't know?"

"Know what?"

"Today is Oliver's birthday."

---

I pulled out my phone, marching into my apartment as I waited for the number to pick up. When it went to voicemail I scowled, slamming my phone down on the table. Why didn't he tell me?! Am I that unimportant to him?! I took a breath, trying to calm my racing mind. If I remember correctly, I do think he told me something about his birthday being this week. 

I ran a hand through my hair, looking around the living room. I have to do something. Why? I stopped. Why do I have to do something? Because it's his birthday. I shook my head. What was I thinking? Of course I have to do something. It's his freaking birthday! I may be a jerk, but not even I would ignore someone's birthday. 

What should I get him? I now have some time before he comes back, so I can get him a gift. Leaning against the table, I tried to think. What would Oliver want? I looked around, trying to find something as inspiration. A paper sat, wedged between the couch cushions. Moving closer, I recognized it as the paper Oliver had been looking at last week. Curious, I pulled it out from the couch, glancing over it and freezing. It was a list of bills that needed to be payed. I swallowed hard, immediately feeling guilty about teasing him over it. God I'm such an idiot. 

Dropping the paper back onto the couch, I decided to drown my thoughts in alcohol.

---

The door clicked open and I turned towards it. Oliver came in, jumping when he saw me. "You're awake."

"Happy birthday," My drunken butt replied. 

Oliver blushed. He's so cute. "Oh... You heard about that."

"Yes," I frowned. "Why wouldn't I?"

"Well, I... I didn't think you'd care." He scratched the back of his neck. 

Anger rose up in my chest, and I marched over to him. "Why wouldn't I care? I'm your lover."

"Derrick, you're drunk. Calm down."

"I'm not drunk! I got you a gift."

I stumbled, reaching the kitchen counter and taking my wallet from a drawer. "Here," I walked back over, shoving it towards him. Oliver froze. "For you bills." I slurred, pushing it against his chest.

Oliver's face flashed with hurt, then anger. "I'm not taking your money."

"Just take it. That's all you want from me anyway."

"Do you really think I'm that kind of person? Because that's not true. Now stop it, Derrick. Before one of us says something we'll regret."

I don't know what came over me, maybe anger, maybe the alcohol, but God did I hate myself in that moment. I raised my arm, swinging it towards Oliver until my hand collided with his face. He stumbled back, shocked. "So now I'm not needed?" I yelled, not caring if anyone heard. "What good am I to you? Why can't you just be grateful?"

Oliver said nothing, clutching his cheek. I put my face in my hands. "Get out."

Oliver looked up at me, opening his mouth. "Derrick-"

"OUT!"

Oliver grabbed his bag, rushing out of the house. As soon as he was, I let the tears I'd been hiding fall. He needed money but wouldn't let me help him. I hated that I meant nothing to him, that I couldn't help him when he needed me. Because he didn't need me. Not even a little.

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait on the update, but I hope you enjoyed. However, from the 17-25 I will be away on a trip, so I probably won't update between now and then either. But, I promise a double update on everything when I get back, so stay tuned for that and thanks for putting up with me. Happy reading!