Chapter 6

A/N: conversations in italics will be lines from the 'story' the actors are in.

Oliver's POV

"But I love you!" The woman gripped Derrick's shoulders, a crazy look in her eyes as she laughed.

He shook his head. "I can't keep this up, not with you changing your mind every time I turn around. I'm sorry."

The woman looked down, her eyes wide as her breathing slowly increased. "Then you'll just have to die."

She lunged, a knife in her hand. "Cut!!"

The director waved his hands and the woman stopped, the crazy look gone. She handed the knife off to someone else, patting Derrick on the arm. They exchanged a few words before she walked off.

As he began to walk over, I yawned, my head in my hand. "So?" He asked, puffing out his chest. "What did you think?"

I shrugged. "I don't typically watch dramas, so I'm a little lost regarding what's happening. Why did she attack you?"

He scowled. "About my acting! What did you think about my acting?"

Again, I shrugged. "I don't typically watch dramas, so I'm a little lost regarding what's happening. Are all actors as bad as you are?"

His face reddened and he turned away. I raised a brow. Was he embarrassed or angry? Grumbling, he snatched the script in my hand, glancing over it before shoving it back in my hand. "Then, wanna help me with lines?"

I looked at him. "You need help? You?"

He scowled again. "Just read the lines."

"On what page?"

"Any page!!"

I flipped the book open, randomly choosing a page. I looked over, finding the part of the woman. "How come you can't realize I'm doing this for you?! It's always been for you!!"

He thought for a moment, then began to speak. "Because I don't want you to think this is how you'll gain my trust."

"But I don't want your trust! I want your love!"

"It doesn't change the fact that this is completely out of hand!"

I raised a brow. He seemed more into it than he had when he was on set. A few had come over, watching us practice. "But, how else will I get you to feel the way I want you to feel?!"

He stared at me, piercing though me. He was deadly serious as he delivered the next lines. "You don't have to. I love you."

Everyone began to clap, startling us out of our daze. I blushed, turning away. Derrick grinned at everyone, but he kept his gaze on me. The director came over, smiling. "That was pretty good. I've never seen Derrick so into his lines. Maybe you should play Veronica's part." He laughed.

A chuckle sounded out behind him. The woman - Veronica - smiled. "Maybe you should. You sound more like a psycho than I did."

"You kidding? He is a psycho." Derrick laughed.

After that, everyone dispersed leaving us alone. Derrick looked over. "So? What did you think of my acting then?"

I raised a brow. "Oh? You want my opinion? A psycho's opinion?"

His mouth opened and closed as I laughed. Lucy stood to the side, her face set in thought. "You know Oliver, it was pretty good. Maybe you should be in the show? I mean, look how good Derrick was acting with you."

Derrick snorted. "Bull. I could easily act as good on set, too. I was just trying to show off to him."

Her brow raised, her eyes sparkling. "Oh? Then prove it."

He growled, standing up and walking off. I turned to Lucy. "Might want to lay off the teasing. He'll do worse if you push him."

Lucy sighed. "He probably would, just out of spite."

That wasn't what I meant, but I nodded anyway.

---

After practice, Derrick's schedule consisted of lunch, not getting mobbed by fans, question session, repeat number two, practice at home, then free time.

By the time free time rolled around, I was exhausted just from being dragged around all day. I couldn't imagine how Derrick felt, having to get involved in all the activities.

He collapsed onto the sofa next to me, putting a hand over his face. "Please tell me it's over." He begged, his voice tired.

I nodded, though he couldn't see it. "Yeah, hungry?"

He lifted his hands, meeting my eyes. "That depends, for food or for poison?"

I scowled. "Drat. Foiled again." Lifting my hand, I shook my fist at the air.

Derrick snorted, watching as I got up and made my way to the kitchen. "... When did you learn to cook?"

"My mom taught me."

"Does she like to cook?"

I clenched my fist at my side, looking at the wall of the kitchen. "... She did."

Realization hit his face, and he fell silent. After a while, as I watched the sausage cook, Derrick started up again. "Do you live alone now? Is that why she taught you to cook?"

I shook my head. "It was a hobby of hers, and she wanted to share it. I don't live alone."

"Oh... Who do you live with?" I could hear the annoyance in his voice, and turned to him with a confused look.

"My siblings. Who else would I live with? I mean, besides you."

His cheeks reddened and he crossed his arms. "No one."

With a nod, I went back to cooking, humming softly. Moving about the kitchen, I let the melody move my body and grab seasoning, ingredients, oils; everything I needed to make dinner.

By the time I was done, a warm, sweet scent had filled the air. I turned the stove off, calling out. "Dinner!"

Lucy and Derrick scurried to the table, Derrick glancing at Lucy. "Why are you here?"

"I can't eat?"

"No. It's my food. All of it." Derrick declared, crossing his arms and puffing out his chest. I laughed at his idiotic look, placing the plates in front of them.

Dinner was eaten in silence, save for the frequent remarks from Derrick regarding the food. When everyone was finished, I cleaned up, putting everything in the sink. Derrick watched me, sitting in the couch.

"Take a picture," I said, casting a sideways glance. "It lasts longer."

He coughed, turning away. "Who said I was looking at you?"

"You just did."

"... Whatever." He got up, marching off into his bedroom and slamming the door. I frowned. Why is he acting so strange?