Chapter 4

Oliver's POV

"I want you to be Derrick's Lover."

I eyed the man in front of me, unaffected by the glares he sent my way. Sure he's famous and whatever, but he's still not my favorite guy in the world. I did have to admit, he is handsome. His brown hair was messy, showing he just got out of bed. His eyes were a bright blue and he wore brand name clothes. Jeez, even his clothes are more expensive than my life.

Lucy waited for a reply, her eyes shining. "Well?"

Finally, I shook my head. "No way. Ever."

She didn't seem to mind my answer, and instead stood up, pushing me into the changing room. "Look, I know you want to say no, but I will pay you."

I raised a brow. "So?"

"I know about your family conditions. This money is something you need! You can pay rent, buy food, get new clothes, and still send money home."

I shook my head. "I'm not dating that jerkwad."

"You don't have to date him. Just watch him, under the pretext of lover. Make sure he doesn't go out at night, and get him to do his work. You don't even have to sleep in the same room."

I thought about it. It would be a good opportunity, and all I have to do is babysit. No prostitution. "Okay... I'll do it. On one condition."

Lucy nodded. "Anything."

"... I'm not going to end up mobbed by the press, and half of the pay goes directly to my family."

"Deal."

We left the changing room, entering the restaurant and walking back over to Derrick. He looked between us, standing. "I'm to assume he said yes?"

"Yep!"

Derrick looked me over, annoyance spreading on his face. He's probably not too pleased about me being his lover. Before I could say anything, he smirked, his voice teasing as he spoke. "So you're my famed lover, eh? Shorter than I imagined."

Okay, that hit a nerve. Sure, he's like six foot five and I'm five foot two, but I'm not about to agree with him. "Oh, sue me. And how about you sue Lincoln for being dead while you're at it?" I muttered, crossing my arms.

Derrick's eyebrow raised, and I'm pretty sure I saw his jaw tick. Apparently he's never had anyone talk back to him. He turned back to Lucy, her hand over her mouth as she chuckled. "Why the heck did you give me a guy as a lover?"

Lucy shrugged. "He's the only one who I thought would be willing to talk back to you. He was as sarcastic to me when we met. I didn't know he hated you, that's just a bonus."

He threw his hands up. "There are plenty of girls who would have as much sarcasm as he does!"

Lucy nodded. "And I'm sure they'd love to be here. But, unfortunately, they'll have to suffer through not getting laid by you. By being a guy, and one that hates you, Oliver has no way for you to get him into bed, make him quit, or keep him from doing his job."

I sat back, smirking at Lucy's statement. She was correct; there's no way I'm getting into bed with that jerkwad, I'm probably going to keep the job, just to spite him, and I have no reason to stop doing the job until it's over.

Derrick growled. "This was not the agreement!"

"We never had any agreement that said your lover that I choose had to be a girl."

Turning to me, he sighed. "Okay, fine. Come on, Babe, let's get back to the room."

He came over, putting an arm around my back and letting his hand rest on my waist. The feeling of his hand disgusted me, and I dug my foot into his. He winced, pulling away. "First off, babe," I spat back. "Call me that again and I'll castrate you. Second, I haven't changed out of my uniform, in case you haven't noticed."

Moving away, I headed to the back, changing quickly before joining the pair once more. "So, what now?" I asked. I had just agreed to whatever, without even knowing the details or even if I get to live after it's over.

Lucy shrugged. "Wanna go home? Or, is there anything you want to pick up?"

Derrick shook his head, and I thought for a minute. "I have to go the store, and I have to check on something at home."

Lucy nodded. "Okay, meet us at the park at around, eight? The one with the fountain, we'll pick you up there. Grab anything you need from home, too."

"Oh, great. I have to live with the guy? What's next? Make his bed? Rub his feet? Dear God, will I actually have to talk to him too?"

Lucy laughed, waving me off as I headed to the store.

---

"I'm home!!"

Several pairs of footsteps flooded the hall as I was suddenly tackled by three forms. I grinned, smiling down at Sylvia and the twins. Mathew leaned against the doorway, smirking. "Took ya long enough," he said.

"Yeah, sorry, the teleporter was on the fritz, had to walk like a normal person. Awful, yeah?"

He laughed, shaking his head. "Did you get it?" Logan asked.

"That depends, what's 'it'?" I said, raising a brow.

Logan's cheeks puffed out, crossing his arms over his chest. I laughed, pulling a package out of my pocket. "Yes, I got 'it'. Here, share amongst yourselves and bow to my greatness!"

The twins ripped open the package, gasping and cheering at the large block of chocolate that sat inside. "Share with Sylvia, and ask the Grinch if he wants some too."

"I really don't!" Mathew called out from the kitchen.

"Give it a few minutes, the chocolatey goodness will infect you as well!" I called back.

The three began to munch down on sugar, and I made my way to the kitchen. Mathew had taken my bag, staring down at the bills. Rushing over, I snatched them from his hands and scowled. "Don't go through my bag."

He had a pained look on his face. "How are we supposed to pay for all this?"

"Don't worry, I'll get the money." I reassured.

"But, I can work too, I can-"

"No! You go to school, and let me worry about this. Do what you want to do, like I never got to. I'll take care of it."

Mathew looked at me, a scared look on his face. "How?"

I sighed, glancing down at the papers. "Let's just say, I may have made a deal with the devil."