Chapter 5

Derrick's POV

"So, you weren't actually drunk?"

Lucy shook her head. "No, he thought I was, though."

I clicked my tongue. "That's a disappointment."

She laughed. "Yeah? You should've seen what he said."

"Oh? What did the big mouth have to say? Something sarcastic, I gather?"

She nodded, pulling the car over and parking. As she rolled down the window, I glanced out, staring at the large fountain that sat in the middle, surrounded by benches. Few people roamed around, the peaceful area near and clean. "If anything, I can see why he was here." Lucy say back, sighing. "It's so beautiful."

I nodded, saying nothing. "What did he say?"

"Huh?"

"When you met, what did he say?"

Lucy retold the story, repeating his words as she spoke. I laughed, shaking my head. It sounded just like him. "Well, you have to admit," I said. "His sense of humor is amazing."

She raised a brow. "Oh? Is that acceptance?"

"Yeah, I especially like he uses it all the time, as if everything is a joke to him."

"Not everything, just most things. Like your face, for example." A voice cut in.

We turned, startled by Oliver's presence. He leaned into the car, his arms resting in the window sill. I stared at him a moment. "Is that... Chocolate on your shirt?"

Oliver looked down, a large stain of chocolate covering the front of his shirt. A blush spread across his face, making me raise my brow. So he can look cute. "Uh... Yeah, it's chocolate."

"So, you like chocolate? A lot?"

He eyed me. "Yeah, I do. And I expect a big box of it for our anniversary, Darling."

I rolled my eyes, turning away while he opened the door, settling into the seat next to me.

Lucy pulled out of the parking lot, driving us towards home. "So where exactly is it you live?" Oliver asked.

"What, never seen the news?" I asked.

"I have, just never the parts where you come in. I have better things to do than stalk a nobody."

I waved my hands. "Can't you see? I live on Olympus! I am a God!"

Oliver snorted. "The God of stench."

---

I crossed my arms, grinning smugly as Oliver's eyes popped out of his head. I didn't blame him. It was a pretty nice place. A penthouse apartment, a full kitchen, four bath, five bedrooms, a living room, and a game room. What more could a man want?

Snapping out of my daze, I looked around for Oliver,  hoping to brag. Instead, I found him sitting in the couch, glancing down at some papers in his hand. Probably some tests from college. He can't be younger than nineteen. "So? What do you think?"

He glanced up, and for a second I thought I saw fear and sadness in his eyes. But it was gone before I was sure. "Of what? Your glorified man-cave? It's okay."

I looked at him, confused. Wasn't he just staring at it in awe? "No, I was looking at the view. How often do you think I get to see the city from this height?" I winced, realizing I'd said it out loud.

He looked out the window, the same wistful look on his face. I followed his gaze, looking at the cityscape. Okay, it was beautiful. The large buildings were lit, sparkling below us. The setting sun painted the background a deep orange, and the clouds glowed behind the building.

Turning back, I looked over at Oliver, who had fallen asleep on the couch. Grinning, I moved over and grabbed the papers from his hands. Maybe I can see his bad scores, tease him about it. He did seem pretty crestfallen.

Before I could open them, they were snatched out of my hand. Oliver glared, that same expression on his face. "Don't touch that."

I backed off, surprised by his sudden change in attitude. Who knew he'd get so upset about a test? he shoved the papers into his bag, turning away. An awkward silence followed, and I couldn't stand it. Why was it so weird when he was upset? Shaking it off, I broke the silence with a question. "So, how old are you exactly?"

He looked at me. "Twenty-one. I'll be twenty-two next week."

I nodded. "You're in college, then?"

Oliver went silent, an unreadable look on his face. "Yes? No?" I pressed.

He sighed. "It doesn't matter."

So... That's a yes? I shrugged, assuming it was. Why else would he look so stressed by the question, or the papers.

"Anyway," I said, hoping to get rid of the tense air. "I'll show you to your room."

Oliver smirked, the mischievous look in his eyes had returned. "You? Being nice? Is this some sort of trick, or has the overwhelming scent of sweat and alcohol in here gotten to you?"

He got up, following me to my room. "Here ya go," I said. I don't know why I sent him to my room, but it didn't really matter since he turned away after glancing in.

"Funny, now take me to my room, please."

"Are you kidding? You can sleep in the closet."

"Yes, along with the bodies of all your previous victims."

I felt annoyed he didn't want to stay, but brushed it off and led him to the guest room across from mine. As I watched him enter, sitting on the bed, a weird pang went through my chest.

---

The next day, I awoke to soft singing. Sitting up, I looked around and scrunched my face. Singing? I didn't turn the radio on. Pushing off the bed, I looked out of the doorway, listening to the soft tune. It echoed out from the kitchen, and I followed it silently.

Oliver stood in the kitchen, his hips swaying as he hummed, moving about as he cooked. I swallowed, following the movements of his hips. Despite his small, thin frame, he had a lot regarding his hips and bottom.

As I watched, the kitchen filled with a wonderful scent. "Are you going to come out, or are you going to keep ogling Oliver."

We both jumped, Oliver's singing stopping abruptly as he turned to me and Lucy. His face was bright red and he coughed, turning back to the stove. Lucy frowned at me, but shook her head and spoke. "After breakfast, you have to be on set, okay?"

I grinned. "So, Oliver finally gets to see my greatness in action."