Chapter 3

Derrick's POV

A month has passed since Lucy and I's little deal. We've never spoken of it, nor has Lucy said anything about my continuing to see my partners. I almost thought she'd forgotten until she burst into my bedroom, a smile on her face.

"Afternoon, Derrick! Ready to go?"

I glared at her, but nodded nonetheless. "You know, just sending a text saying 'be ready at one' isn't really helpful. Where the heck are we going?!"

Lucy shrugged, grabbing my jacket and helping me into it. "Just know this is a low-key lunch. I've reserved the restaurant, and let the manager know about everything."

I raised a brow. Everything? Just how much everything did she tell them?

---

The ride to the place was quiet, and as we approached I glanced out the window. We had arrived at a simple city area, shops and cafes littering the right side of the quiet street, and even a library across from that on the left. Lucy got out after parking, leading me to a small bistro right in the middle of the street. "You can't be serious."

Ignoring me, Lucy entered the building, smiling at the man behind the counter. "Lucy! Nice to see you again. This here's Derrick, I assume?" The man had a southern accent, his excitement obvious.

Nodding, I smiled. "Nice to meet you." As usual, my professional personality kicked in. It was annoying, but did help me to meet with new people and not rip their hair out. He nodded, smiling back. "Well, the place is yours, and I'll let you have any seat ya want. The server you requested isn't here yet, but I did as you asked."

Confused, I waited for him to continue, only to watch as he walked away. "What is all this?" I asked Lucy.

She only hummed, moving about and choosing a table near the back. I groaned, following her and sitting down.

After a few minutes, a door creaked open, footsteps entering the room. "Kevin? Where the heck are you? Why is it so empty?! Is this some kind of joke?!" The voice sounded unhappy, and I assumed nobody told the guy about 'the plan.'

The footsteps continued until the person froze, staring at the two of us. He stared at Lucy, recognition on his face. "I know you," he said carefully. "You're the drunk lady."

I burst out laughing, Lucy's cheeks turning red. Drunk lady? I don't know why I wasn't there, but I want every detail. "I wasn't drunk." Lucy huffed.

The boy shrugged and I took a good look at him. His hair was black and messy, and his eyes were a dark blue, different from my own bright blue eyes. His small frame was noticeably pale, and his uniform was too big.

When he stopped staring at Lucy, his gaze turned to me. I smiled, waiting for the blush to spread on his face. Instead, he scrunched his nose, his brow furrowing and a scowl appearing on his face. "Why are you here." He said, disgusted.

I didn't say anything, confused by his opposite reaction. Why wasn't he screaming and asking for an autograph, begging me to smile at him and take a picture?

"We're here as customers." Lucy said.

He groaned, disappearing behind the counter and coming back with one menu in his hand. "Here," he said, handing the menu to Lucy. "My name's Oliver, and I'll be your server today." He smiled and began to walk off when I called to him.

"Uh... I didn't get a menu."

Oliver turned, watching me carefully. "Oh, sorry, I didn't think you knew how to read."

I knew he was being sarcastic, and wasn't the least bit sorry. He didn't even come back with another menu! Even Lucy seemed surprised by this. "I didn't think he would hate you." She seemed quite pleased as she said it. "Here, use my menu. I already know what I want."

---

It took a good hour for my food to finally arrive. Oliver had taken Lucy's order, then disappeared into the back. He only returned to refill her drink and bring her food. In the end, she had to order for me as well. Even then, he refused to refill my drink.

By the time we had finished, I was more than irritated. Lucy laughed at my sour expression. "Oh, come on. It wasn't that bad. The food was good."

"Yeah, good and cold."

It was the first time I'd been treated that way, ever. I hated it. Didn't he know who I was?! I could easily have him lose his job without even having to blink! He should be kneeling in front of me, begging for my forgiveness!

I sneered. That's exactly what he'll be doing when I get through with him. "Whatever you're thinking, no. I won't have you harming Oliver."

"And why not?" I waited for a reply, confused. Lucy usually agrees with me when the service is bad. She always backs me up whenever I want to blackmail a waiter, or fire a chef.

Instead of an answer, she called Oliver back to the table. He walked over, smiling at Lucy and placing his hands in front of him. "Did you enjoy your meal?"

"Yes, thank you."

"I'm glad. Could I interest you in some dessert? Or perhaps an after lunch drink? We have a delightful selection of wine bottles, as well as many different beers on tap."

Lucy shook her head, ignoring my request for at least one drink. After having to deal with such a crappy waiter, I feel I deserve it. "No, instead that, I wanted to ask you something."

Oliver nodded. "Of course. I am here to help with anything you might need while dining here."

She shook her head. "No, not as a waiter, as you; Oliver."

It was almost as if a different person stood in the room. Is what I would say if he didn't already treat me the way he had. His posture slipped slightly, and his gaze became dark. He placed a hand on his hip. "So? What do you want?"

Lucy smiled, unaffected by the change in character. "I want you to be Derrick's lover."