Chapter Three

[2016]

"Who was that little girl?" Simon asks once Romei runs towards her room.

"Romei" is all Jace says "and what's it matter to you?"

"I guess it doesn't" Simon replies looking down.

After Alec and Isabelle approach and they have a disagreement and decide they need to go the the city of bones to retreats clarys memories Romei runs back to the main room.

"Hey Rom" Izzy says and hugs the small blonde.

"Where's my dad?" She asks looking up at her Aunty.

"He's off with the new girl Clary" Izzy replies and Romei just nods her head.

"Are you guys going out?" Romei asks

"Yea we are but don't worry Roms we'll be back okay"

"Make sure he doesn't get hurt okay" Romei says

"I promise now why don't you go do some colouring in your room okay. I'll send your dad in before we leave okay" Izzy says and Romei smiles and nods up at her before running back towards her room.

An hour past and Jace walks in the room. Clary stayed at the door frame waiting for him.

"Hey baby girl" Jace says smiling down at her as she colours in her book.

"Hey daddy" She replies looking up at him.

"I think it's getting late baby and you should go to bed" Jace says and Romei nods her head.

"Can you tell me a story?" Romei asks once she's under the covers in her bed.

Jace looks back at Clary and she nods her head saying it's okay for him to.

"Which one?" Jace replies

"I don't know I just want to be told something about mommy" Romei replies shrugging her small shoulders.

"Okay. Well when mommy found out she was having you her face lit up with joy you know and when you were born you were her world. You looked at both of us with your big blue eyes and we knew you were gonna be trouble" Jace laughs slightly and wipes the tear that escaped his eye thinking about his deseased wife.

"I miss mommy" Romei says looking up at him.

"I miss mommy as well baby girl. Now why don't you get to sleep and I'll see you in the morning okay" Jace replies and Romei nods her head.

"You better be in your room in the morning or I'll hit you" Romei replies while smiling mischievously up at him. The same smile Georgia had.

"I will don't you worry Rom" Jace says and closes her bedroom door behind him.

"What happened to her mom?" Clary asked breaking the awkward silence as they walked.

"She um.... died on a mission about a month ago" Jace says sighing but he didn't want anyone to see his sadness or anything so his face turned back to normal face that everyone knew.

"Okay we ready to go?" Alec asked looking towards where Jace and Clary started walking in.

Alec didnt like the idea of Clary, he saw how she looked at Jace and he didn't like it. Just because Georgia was gone didn't mean Jace needed to move on fast he needed to be there for Romei first.

"Let's go" Jace says grabbing his seraph blade from Alec and they all walked towards Simons van.