Chapter 7 Alone

Misora's Past Continued

It was already dark and I was home alone. I waited for Mizuki to come back but he never came.

"He really left to become a shinigami didn't he?" I said to myself new tears fell to replaced the dry ones, "Why did I yell at him, we never fight"

I looked out the window, the moon was bright and full, but brought me no pleasure. Soon I slowly fell asleep, waiting for the brother who would never come back.

Dawn broke and the sun glowed in the pink sky, but still my brother was no where to be seen.

I went out to look for him, calling out his name from my dry throat.

"Hey look who it is!!" Called a voice.

"It's Misora!!" Called another.

" Her brother isn't here, let's gang up on her!!"

"Hey whitey!!!"

I turned to look at them, they were the same kids who tried to bully me before, but Onii-san stopped them that time.

"Where's your big brother?" One of them said as they pushed me into a nearby alley.

"Your gonna pay for getting us in trouble whitey!"

"Please stop!!!!" I cried as I was being pushed into a corner.

"Who's gonna stop us!" a little boy said.

"Looks likes your older brother isn't here to protect you this time!" Said another boy.

"Come on fight back!"

Dust rose into my eyes as they kicked the me and the ground.

"Please stop" *cough cough* "Leave me alone" I cried.

I looked over to the alley entrance and saw a little white haired boy.

"Please help me" I cried.

The boy looked me straight in the eye, but looked away and ran.

I felt like I had lost all hope, tears fell, making the ground around me damp with salty tears.

It had been over 20 years since my brother left me. I had been able to care for myself by working at a small restaurant as a cook, which is how my love for cooking came to be. I never forgot that day, but still continued live.

"Hoshina-san!" The owner called, "Someone is looking for you!"

"Ok!" I called back, entering the actual restaurant. Little did I know what was heading my way.

A young man stood in front of me, wearing a Shinigami uniform. He had brown hair and eyes, I knew who he was instantly.

"O-onii-san?" I said softly.

"Hey Misora" Hey replied.

"Mizuki!!!" I cried hugging him,"I missed you so much!!!"

"Me too"He said hugging me back.

"Hoshina-san, you can take the rest of the day off if you like"Said the owner smiling.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"It'll be fine, I can run it, and you just found your brother after all"

"Thank you so much" I said.

"It's so pretty!!" I said as I ran towards the rows of blossom trees.

" I thought you would like it" Mizuki said running to me.

I looked at his uniform, it was a black kimono with a white belt and a katana with a purple ribbon at his waist, " You really did become a shinigami did you?"

"I'm sorry but I just had to"

I shook my head and smiled, "No it's fine, it doesn't matter as long as I'm with you"

"I know!!" Mizuki said, "You can become a shinigami too! We can be in the same squad and live in the Seretei and..."

My brother just kept going on about how great it is to be a shinigami.

I went up to the river and turned to where my brother was standing and said,"Mabye"

"Aw come on you have to choose now"

"Not until you come for a swim!" I yelled getting into the river.

"Alright!!" He said running.

Then I heard a loud noise coming towards me.

"Misora!!!!!!!" Mizuki shouted as he pushed away, "Groah!!!"

"Onii-san!!" I screamed in horror, a fish like hollow had just ate my brother and dived away into a black portal.

All that was left of my brother was his katana and the purple ribbon that held it. I picked both up and went to a nearby tree and thrust the katana into the earth. The ribbon I tied it into my hair. I fell to the ground and tears fell as I thought about my brother, the brother that was permanently gone, forever.

I thought about my brother's words about becoming a shinigami, I decided that I would fulfill my brother's wish and becomes a shinigami.