Chapter 3 Getting to Know

Misora

The next day..

"Um, Hitsugaya- Taicho?" I said softly while entering his office.

"Yes, what is it?" He replied behind stacks of paper.

"The work you gave me is done"

"Oh yes that's right, just put it on my desk.

"Where on your desk sir?" I said looking over on his desk. It was cluttered with papers and there was no place to put anything else.

"Just give it to me," He sighed, as I handed him the papers, "That Matsumoto, when she get's back here she better do her work"

"Excuse me, but maybe I can help do her work. So everything will get clean and done faster" I said looking down.

"Can you do that?" Hitsugaya asked, surprised.

I nodded.

"Thank you"

I silently took the papers with Matsumoto's name by it, settled in the mini lobby area and started working.

Her work wasn't very hard, just a lot of documents on the squads progress and complaints.

There was about an hour of silence until,

"Hoshina-san?"

"Y-yes?" I stumbled as Hitsugaya's voice surprised me.

"Out of curiosity, what kind of things do you like?"

"Nothing much," I replied, avoiding eye contact.

"I'm not going to get anything out of you am I?"

I shook my head.

"I see..."

The silence continued.

I felt a little guilty not answering his question. He was my captain after all, aren't his subordinates supposed answer their questions?

"M-mochi " I mumbled quietly.

"Huh? Did you say something?" Said Hitsugaya.

"Mochi, it's something I like"

"What kind?"

"Vanilla and green tea"

"I wonder if there are any watermelon flavored ones"

"Do you like watermelons Hitsugaya - Taicho?" I asked putting my finished pile of papers on his desk and started to organize all the other papers.

"Yeah" He replied reaching for the same paper I was reaching for.

Then our fingers slightly touched and there was a little pause, then I moved my hand away.

"I'm sorry, I guess I grabbed for the wrong paper" I said, looking away.

"It's fine" He said, looking at the paper.

"I'm done here so I'm going to go back to my room, if you need anything please call me" I said, opening the door.

"Yeah, thanks for helping" He said looking towards me.

I did a small bow of thanks to avoid eye contact and left the room.

I was walking along the markets of Rukongai to do a little grocery shopping when I saw some watermelons on sale.

"Do you like watermelons Hitsugaya - Taicho?"

"Yeah"

He works so hard and even does Matsumoto's work, so I decided to make a little treat.

"Can I buy a watermelon?" I asked the shop keeper.

"Of course!"

"Thanks"