Chapter 14

“Jen! Please… help me.” Twelve pleads with me as I watch the poison spread through his veins, a black colour becoming his skin. Twelve’s face has turned completely pale, his usually tanned face has lost its sun glowed colour. A blood curdling scream comes from his mouth as I see the purple black colour reaching his face.

His eyes change from his natural dark chocolate brown to raven black, leaving just a hint of the white of his sclera slowing being taken by the poison. His lifeless sticking to the ground unable to move. My pearly white hand elevating his head slightly from the ground.

“Jen. I’m sorry…… I shouldn’t have……” He breaths, struggling to get each and every word out of his fading face.

“Done it…..I’m sorry.” He gasps as the poison now covers every inch of his weak figure.

“You have…to find…the others. Their our only….chance. Their… you’re only chance. Find them…. It’s the only way….to save….this pla….” The last words leave Twelve’s mouth. I scream so loud that I’m bound to be heard from miles away.

I feel everything collapse from inside me, like my life is not worth living. My heart has been ripped out of my chest. Images of that gorgeous smirk flow through my mind. Everything fading into the background around me. I feel tears threatening to escape from watered eye lids. I will not hold them back, I don’t have an ounce of strength left in me to even do that.

A blurred figure I can’t even tell what it is approaches me. I can just make out a glowing sword held in the right pale hand. He swings it towards me, feeling like the world has gone into slow motion. I feel my eye lids shut against my eyes. Waiting for the end, the need to leave this world overcoming every fighting battle in me. The feeling of being with Twelve again, by his side.

“Wake up!! I hear a muffled voice say beside my ear. I slowly open my groggy eyes to face a drowsy Twelve standing beside me. His chocolate brown eyes staring at me in worry. “What happened?” He asks, concern covering his husky voice. I sit upright, recalling what I just saw, what I just dreamt of.

“I had a nightmare.” I say blankly my eyes searching every stray of dirt found on my hotel room floor. “It was about you.” I say looking up to him, staring into his eyes. He manoeuvres himself onto my bed and wraps his arms around me. I lean my head into his chest. Going over my nightmare. Recalling the lifeless body of Twelve, which was lying right in front of me.

I pull away from his chest and look back up to him. “You died, you died right in front me, lying in my arms.” I say, my voice cracking, I cannot lose him; he is all I have left in this world right now. Realisation hits me like a rock striking me right in the head. It was not a prophecy, it was just a nightmare. He’s still here, he’s still alive, he’s still with me.”

“We have to find the others now.” I say extremely seriously.

His eye brows furrow in confusion. “We are trying, but why the sudden change in heart.”

“It was your dying wish; we have to if we have a chance in defeating the Mogadorians and most importantly Setrakus Ra.” I say like it’s absolutely obvious

“Yea, maybe they’ll come and say hi, we are the Loric’s now hop in our super sports car.” Twelve says, sarcasm overpowering his voice.

“Nate. I’m being serious.” I say staring at him intently.

His eyes immediately flick to mine as soon as I mention his name. “You haven’t called me Nate since I was little.”

I push all my thoughts to the back of my mind. I can’t let my feelings or a simple nightmare scare me so much.

“Well it suits you because it’s a wimpy name.” I smirk evilly at him

His face changes immediately to a scorn. “You calling me a wimp?!” He says challengingly yet still joking.

“Well of course I am, you are a wimp,” I stick my tongue out at him.

Nate lunges himself at me like a rugby tackle. I quickly jump off the bed dodging his tackle. He stares at me in surprise but still smirking. He stands off the bed. “Do you wanna take this to the roof?!” he says threateningly.

“Try me, I’ll still whoop your ass.” I reply running out of the bedroom. I unlock the hotel door still grabbing the key for the room. I run over to the elevator and press the roof button. I press the close button on the elevator as I see Twelve round the corner. I poke my tongue out as it just about closes.

All of a sudden the doors start to reopen. “Unfair you can’t use telekinesis. Cheater.”

“It’s not cheating if you have it too.” I shove him to the side annoyingly.

  *****

I kick Nate left hard in the ribs. He stumbles back clearly not expecting that. I poke my tongue out again and continue to round him. He swings his fist at me but I step to the side and throw my own fist into his gut. Punch after punch after kick continues to fly. I flip over his head landing on the other side of him, kick in his knee and push him to the ground. I flip back over him my hands still on his shoulders.

My landing on top of his legs on either side of him. I use my legs to keep his legs down and use my arms to keep his arms down.

“Give?”

“Never!”

He flips me over, with a big thud my back hits the stone concrete roof. Before he can trap me under his grasp I use my feet and kick his whole body up off of me. I elbow him in the gut then elbow him on the shoulder blade. He grabs my head and arms from behind him and flips my body over the top of him with a loud smack my body hits the pavement.

I pick up a few pieces of broken up Debris that was probably from the hotel when it was still being built. I fling them at him with power. He uses his telekinesis and flings them to the side, but as the last piece leaves my hand I charge at him, punching his stomach again, using my leg I slide his feet from under him, causing him to fall against the paving again landing on his stomach again. I place my forearm up to his throat.

“Give now?!”

“Fine you won.” He says with a cranky look on his face.

“Your such a sore loser.” I tease him.

“Whatever, I let you win cause you’re a girl.”

“Whatever you say buddy.” I say smirking at him again.