12: Mommy Issues

*******Lucas****** 

"Mom! Calm down. I just talked with the doctor, he said Dad will be fine. He just needs to watch what he eats, and to stay in bed for awhile. Hes okay," I tried telling my mom, but I dont think she was even listening.

After awhile her breaths became slower, but still harsh, like shes trying to calm her self down. Soon she managed to calm herself down, and she finally looked up. "He'll be okay," she repeated, nodding. Her eyes -that were looking around the room- fell on Christina.

"And who is this?" She asked me, while sizing up Christina. "This is Christina, my girlfriend," I said slow and steady. "Your girlfriend?" She said in disbelief. I nodded. "So were you with her when I tried to contact you?" She asked, even though she knew the answer. I nodded. "So let me get this stright," she paused. "You were with this skank. While your father, was having a heart attack. Also when I was trying to inform you of the tragedy -I'm just going to take a wild guess here- you to were 'hooking up', as the kids say. Now correct me if I am wrong Luc," she said sternly. 

I looked over at Christina her face was solid, deprived of any emotion, apart from anger. Then I looked at her clothes, before we found the cliff we stopped at her house because she wanted to change. She changed into a tank-top with studs on the straps. A skull with roses in the center. Matched with a plaid red and black mini skirt. Ripped fish nets. Then to top it off ankle boots. I guess in my moms eyes from where and how she grew up, you can see what she means. But she still shouldnt be talking her or anyone like that -ever. Especially Christina, and all the crap she's been through.

"Mom!? What the hell is wrong with you!?" I exclaimed. "Nothing what so ever is wrong with me, son," her voice get quiter has she says the next part. "But there is something wrong with her. And by the way your behaving a have no reason to doubt my assumptions." That just got me more angry.

I turn to Adam, "You and Christina go to the cafeteria. Now." He was about to protest, but my expression changed from frustrated to pissed, and it shut him up. "Come on Chris," he grumbled and grabbed her wrist. Her body stiffened, she stood strighter. She yanked it out of his grasp and coughed."We're just gonna go," Her voice barley above a whisper, and left with Adam trailing behind her, obviously not fazed by.her action, maybe he just didnt realize it.

I'll have to ask her what it was all about later.

My attention turns back to my mother when I hear her say, "Finally! Shes gone!" "What the hell is your problem mother. She has done nothing too you. Or to anyway!" Except cage fighting, I added silently, but she had reasons. She needed to survive. And Marcus told me she gives her like ninety percent to her brother.

"My problem is that- that bitch is controlling you! Just look at yourself! Talking back to your mother like this, swearing! I didnt raise you like this!" She says in a discussded tone. "You dont even fucking know her mother! She is not controlling me! And "I didnt raise you like this," bullshit! It's been nanny after nanny! Maid after maid! But never you! Or dad! Want to know who tought me how to ride a bike? Miss Augustine! The nanny we had about ten years ago! Want to know why? Because Dad wasnt there! Want to know who comforted me when I scared of the dark! Mr. Joseph! Our damn butler! Want to know why? Cause you werent there! Want to know why? Because work was always more important then your two kids! Want to know why? Because you just had to make billions that we don't even need!" I shouted. "So you have no right to call Christina a bitch, because I'm looking at one right now." With that I left before she could get another word out.

I set out to find the cafeteria, to find Christina, and ask her what was up with her wrist. And what I am thinking- Well lets just say, I hope I'm wrong.