9: Below Average

Me and Lucas had decided to keep our relationship under-raps. It was mutual so it was all good. The only down side is that, everytime I see him, I just want to attack him. But I cant -note the sad face- Not even Marcus or Mandy

know. But its worth it, I guess.

But since we've been boyfriend and girlfriend for about two week now and we have not even been on one date since, I decided to take matters into my own hands.

So thats why im at our spot, in the woods. I had texted Lucas earlier telling him to meet me here.

As I waited I took in the area around me. The trees that had little buds on them the last time I was here were sprouting into leaves, beautifully colored leaves. The grass on the ground mixing with green and brown. I took a deep breath, spring is just around the corner, I thought to myself.

I soon hear crunching on the ground below. When I looked down, my boyfriend -I dont think I'll ever get used to say that- looking right up at me, with a smile that could make global warming wish it were his smile. The ridiculousness of that thought made me laugh at myself.

"Are you just gonna stand there or are you going to join my up here?" I questioned, eye brows raised. "Sure," he simply stated and began to climb until he was situated right next to me. "So why exactly I'm I here, sitting next to my bea-U-tiful girlfriend, on this fine Saturday morning?" He asked."Well- uh- I just thought- Um..." I trailed off. I never get this nervous with anyone! Well maybe I acted like it, for my 'cover', and what not.

He smiled at me nervousness, "Your so cute," He said under his breath, I dont think it was ment for my ears, but I heard it anyway. "Just spit it out, peppermint," he urged a bit louder. "Peppermint? Why peppermint?" I chuckled.  "Because, your skin is pale, and then with your hair and your rosy cheeks, it just seemed to fit, I guess." I couldnt help but notice the tinge of pink that rose on his cheeks. "Awe... Thats so sweet," I cooed. "But now I feel bad 'cause I dont have a name for you," I pouted. "Its fine babe," He ushered me.

I had to admit, I like it a whole lot better when he calls me 'Peppepmint' more then babe. Babe, just seems so typical and boring. While peppermint, was unique and cute, and a little cheesey, but none-the-less, cute.

"Back on topic. So why exactly did I have to wake up this early on Saturday," He looked at me expectantly. "It's like eleven-thirty," I told him. "Your point is..." He gave me a pointed look. I scoffed, "Ok fine, whatever. So I was wondering- you know- since we-uh- been- you know- going out for two weeks now, and we havent been on a date..." Suddenly I got a boost of confidence and just said it. "I want to ask you on a date. So, Lucas Powers, will you go on a date with me?" I asked hopeful.

He looked at me, searching my eyes for something, I dont know what. "I feel really pethetic right now, cause honestly, I was so shocked that you said yes, I completely forgot about the whole date part of it," He admitted. "But yes I would love to got out on a date with you." "Ok good," I smirked.

********Date Time**********

The plain was that he would drive over to me house, then I would drive over to our destination. He should be here any moment now.

Seven-thirty on the dot, he arrived. I grined in his on-time-ness. I dont think thats a word, but I dont care at the moment.

I met him outside, since I was running a little late for the gi- reservations. Yeah, nice save Chris, you've almost spoiled the surprise for yourslef, the evil little voice said.

"Eager much," Lucas joked. "Hardy har har. Get in the car," I demanded. "Feisty,  I like it," he joked again. I smirked, thats exactly what his brother said not to long ago. "You sound just like Adam," I said still smirking. He furrowed his eyebrows,  "Which one? My brother Adam or math class Adam," he asked. "Your brother, " I stated. He nodded,  smirking as well.