14| I Don't Belong Here

As if waking up with a pounding headache wasn't bad enough, finding out her private life could be ruined with one picture... well, let's just say Eva would not be the happiest person on the earth.

She was shaken awake urgently by Jisu.

"W-what...?" The hungover girl turned unconsciously over on her side, trying to shelter her eyes from the morning light.

"Eva." Her voice was stern, but there was a touch of worry. "You need to wake up."

"Why?" She replied as wittily as she could, rubbing her eyes in the process. "It's Saturday."

"I'm serious!" Jisu's voice cracked. She sounded shocked.

"Alright, oh my god." Eva sat up on the couch, glancing at the clock to find it was already noon. She picked up her phone to find 15 missed calls from Jumin.

Her stomach twisted uncomfortably. All the positive emotions and memories of last night faded. Eva could tell something was terribly wrong, it hung in the atmosphere like a thick rain cloud. Which was sad, because Jisu's apartment was the one place Eva could come to and relax, to be happy and calm.

After her vision had cleared, Eva looked to Jisu in confusion. She set her phone back down.

Her friend couldn't meet her eyes.

"Did something happen?" Eva squeaked, already knowing by the look on her friend's face, that something had. Something bad.

The girl's eyes flickered down to the death grip Jisu had on the tv remote.

"You're not going to like what you see." Jisu warned, internally debating the possible outcomes and the consequences Eva was going to have to endure.

Eva's voice was hoarse. "Turn it on."

Her whole world came crashing down as she read the headline.

"JUMIN HAN AND SECRETARY
EVA RHEE AFFAIR CONFIRMED"

She tried to listen to the news anchor's words. But they were having a debate on something they had no knowledge of. They were arguing about her. They were probably calling her names and questioning her morals. They were going to judge Eva because she was in love.

"This woman has made the stupidest decision of her life"

"I knew Jumin wasn't what he was cracked up to be. A mistress on the side, just like his father"

She felt numb all over. This had to be a joke, this couldn't be happening.

Eva stared down at her hands, shame and anger flushing her cheeks bright red. She could not hear anything after that. The panicked ringing in her ears wouldn't fade. She needed to go; she needed to hide.

Her life was never going to be the same.

She could not even muster up the courage to look her friend in the eyes.

Jisu's voice managed to break through Eva's barrier. "Honey, are you okay?"

She must have put the pieces together by now.