20| The One

One month later.

Everything was perfect. Absolutely everything.

Eva smiled to herself as she unlocked the front door to her new floral store.

"It's what I've always envisioned." She admitted, stepping into the almost bare building. The street view window was half decorated with lights and potted plants. The familiar and famous open sign was tilted against the wall. One in Korean and one in English. Jumin had insisted since he had many friends abroad.

It was everything she had ever wanted, dead smack in the middle of Seoul.

"You deserve nothing less." Jumin said, closing the door behind. The already existing warning bell clanged against the glass, cutting off the sounds of traffic and incomprehensible conversations.

Eva rubbed her belly, gripping tightly to Jumin's hand. She was not due for months, but wanted to get started on the project. Owning her own business was the end goal. And what made her even more proud, was the fact that she saved up for it herself.

The only part Jumin would aid in would be the publicity aspect. And Eva anticipated the whole spectrum, ranging from lower class to the most wealthy customers. That's why she was able to take out her own loan and get started, Jumin assured she would utilize the incoming profits.

But in this moment, all Eva could think about was how she was going to arrange her corner side boutique. It was stripped bare, and all that remained for her to start working with was the granite cashier counter, a charming shade of brown and silver.

"I can't believe this is all ours." She whispered, leaning into his shoulder for comfort. In the greater scheme of things, it wasn't grand. But it was hers. It was special.

"It's not ours, it yours." Jumin kissed the top of her head. "I can't wait to see the finished product. I can practically see the gears turning inside your head right now."

Eva giggled like an elementary school girl. Compliments from Jumin always flustered her, even though they had been together for so long.

He tucked her hair behind her ear. His eyes were soft, filled with admiration. She felt so proud when Jumin looked at her like that.

"You've become such an amazing woman." Jumin said as they turned to look out the cloudy, grimy glass windows. There was some major cleaning to be done.

The windows were so clouded with dust that nobody could clearly see in. The couple could barely see out because of how neglected the building was. The corner shop had been abandoned for quiet some time, which was why Eva was able to snag it as such a cheap price.

"Throwing compliments left and right, I see?" Eva lifted her chin and nuzzled him. Her mood playful and cheery. How could it not be when she was sharing such a wonderful moment with him?

"It's my forte." He shrugged, pulling her closer. Even he was picturing all the possibilities Eva could follow through with.

Now that she had the time and privacy, Jumin was hopeful she could start up the business before she gave birth.

Seven months to go, and he would have a child of his own. Yet the secret was still theirs.

The media had kept their word since Jumin's press conference last month. There had not been a single article bashing Eva or her previous employment in Jumin's company. It almost seemed as if her name was a distant memory. And she could not be more thrilled.