thirteen

Even after Ian stopped crying, he still lay there. Thoughts-hurtful thoughts-swirled around his head, as he stared straight at the wall. He felt a cold wind touch his back, slightly, as Rosie opened the door. After she closed the door again, she crawled overtop of Ian. She was always the one that slept furthest from the door. Ian noticed that she was in her pajamas, ready to sleep. He mentally thanked Fiona for taking care of her the way she does.

"Hi daddy." Rosie spoke quietly, as she laid next to him, her back turned against the wall to face him. Ian couldn't remove his wide, green eyes from Rosie. He felt at complete bliss and peace when she was there with him.

"I'm sorry, Rosie." Ian stated, sounding like it was his last words-weak and shot. Rosie didn't react to these words at all. Again, the unreadable expression came forth.

"About what?" She asked, generally curious about it. For a moment, she thought he wouldn't respond to her. He just stared at her, like he was zoning out with wide eyes.

"I'm not very good at this." He said, in the same dead tone. Rosie, assuming that she didn't know what he meant, pulled herself closer to Ian. Digging her entire body into his chest, which gave off massive body heat. Ian could finally sleep with Rosie there. He felt completely safe.

The only thing keeping Ian awake was the muffled, raised voices from downstairs. He heard Fiona's voice. Another one that sounded like Mickey's, along with Frank's regular interjections. With, it sounded like, Debbie.

Looking at Rosie, who was aready asleep beside him, he returned to his position, staring at the wall, knowing who they were all arguing over. It had to have been either Rosie or Ian. Ian just assumed that it would be himself.

Mickey glared at Fiona, after she threatened him with Ian going to a mental institution. She tried explaining several times, but it was no use. Especially with Rosie there, Ian needed to stay there, like he always used to.

"You're gonna ruin everything for him, if you do this." Mickey knew that if Rosie's mom caught word of his apparent mental institution whereabouts, Rosie would be taken away.

Fiona looked at him, not wanting him to be right. Though, he was, and it terrified Fiona. The last thing she wanted was for Ian to get worse with whatever this thing was. Fiona knew, deep down, that Ian wasn't turning into Frank. He was far from being him. Ian was turning into Monica. Fiona could see it in his eyes when he stormed off. The only difference between Frank and Monica, was that Monica actually showed love to her children.

"He's staying here." Mickey said, again. "We're gonna take care of him." He stated sternly, yet softly. Everyone there realized just how serious Mickey was, although it went against Fiona's wants. Fiona would give Mickey a chance to make Ian change. If Ian refused, Fiona would have to take matters into her own hands, for the best of Rosie.

Debbie was the first to leave the room, as Frank dispersed back to the kitchen for another drink, knowing he was no longer a part of the conversation. Fiona looked at Mickey seriously, and spoke with a stern and demanding voice.

"If anything happens to Rosie while she's here, it's on you." Fiona started her journey upstairs, leaving Mickey to stand there, still, processing her words. If anything happened to Ian, or Rosie, it would all be his fault.

Knowing that he would be ready for it, Mickey took a seat on the couch, feeling exhausted from the lack of sleep over the last couple of days.

Laying down on the couch, he stared at the ceiling. Directly above him, he hoped that Ian was resting with Rosie. He could only hope that Ian wouldn't make it harder for everyone around him-especially himself.