Funfair (L.S)

MY WATTPAD'S BEEN BUGGING FOR THE LAST 2 WEEKS, SORRY IN ADVANCE FOR ANY INACTIVITY.

Y/N's POV

"Y/N, join us!" Leonard shouts from the other side of the fair ground. Stood next to Sara, who's 'clinging' onto him for dear life after some stupid rollercoaster ride. "It's alright, go ahead, you two enjoy yourself." I dismiss him walking over to Raymond.

Out of everyone on the team only Raymond knows of my crush on Leonard. This trip was supposed to be a treat from Rip but it's more like hell. "He's walking up to you right now." Raymond incorporates into our speech unsuspiciously and my heart starts beating up and down fast.

Why the hell does God even create weaknesses like love and lust? It's not fair.

"Excuse us guys, Y/N left her sanity somewhere on the top of the Ferris wheel." Leonard jokes, pulling me by the arm and away from the team. "What are you doing Len?" I ask nicely but there's no reply. He's just marching past the line for the Ferris wheel. Everyone here already scared of him being Captain Cold and all.

The ride starts and I look out from the cart unbothered. This is so stupid and awkward my self confidence is diminishing by the second. "You look really pretty today, by the way." Leonard smiles and I turn to him raising an eyebrow. "Meaning, I must look ugly every other day?" I question him teasingly and he chuckles.

"Maybe you do, maybe you don't, I guess we'll never find out." He shrugs his shoulders and I turn back around, looking out of the cart. Waiting until the ride finishes. "So." He speaks and I hum a response.

All of a sudden he pulls me by my arm so that we're making eye contact. "I think I found out...about your beauty." He blurts out rather nervous and I stay quiet. My eyes telling him to carry on. I don't trust my voice, ever, in situations like this.

"You'll be even prettier everyday, if you decide to...date me." His pupils start to dilate and I don't know what to say. I'm too nervous.

Out of nowhere the Ferris wheel ride comes to an end and I step out with Leonard. It's awkwardly silent and that's when I realise I haven't replied yet. Everything I said was in my head. How do I even reply? I need to sound smooth.

Sure Len, too formal.
Fine by me, too unbothered.
I'd love to, too desperate.

"I guess we're dating." I blubber out and instantly flush in embarrassment, that was supposed to be in my head. Obviously not letting Leonard see my shock. I'm a compulsive liar, but in front of Leonard I'm a compulsive fuck up.

"Good." He breathes out a sigh of relief.

"You're not kissing me until you've taken me for a 26 star dinner." I laugh and Leonard does too.

"How about, my favourite bar accompanied with a gift and flowers." Leonard chuckles, brushing his fingers against mine. "Red roses, and you've got yourself a date." I look him in the eyes and he laughs.

"Red roses it is." Leonard smiles, his hand holding mine for the rest of the evening.