40 | {Requested Blake Gray}

Jenna's P.O.V.

Today is the day. The day for Blake's funeral.

I stared at myself in a black dress and heels before walking out to my car. I sat in the car crying for a couple minutes. This is going to be harder than I thought. The car seemed so empty without Blake in there with me.

Once I arrived at the funeral home, I walked into a room where Blake's family stood. My eyes instantly met with the poster boards that had pictures of Blake's life plastered on them. I spotted the one picture of Blake and I meeting at a meet and greet. The memories.

Let's write our stories. And let's sing our songs. Let's hang our pictures on the wall. All the precious moments that we carved in stone are only memories after all.

I looked through the pictures, and it was time for what I never thought would happen already, the viewing. I stepped up to his coffin, and looked down at his lifeless body. I felt the tears dying to come out. I caressed his cheek, and felt a single tear fall and land on his cheek.

I looked down at him one last time before turning around, and finding Blake's mother standing behind me holding a bouquet of roses.

"I can't believe he's g-gone," I cried into her shoulder.

"I know, Jenna, but we can get through this together... as a family," Courtney smiled.

I hugged her once more before she handed me the roses. "W-What's this for?" I asked.

"He wanted me to give you these while he was in the hospital," she simply said.

I read the note that was wrapped to the flowers:

Dear Jenna,

I know that im going to be leaving soon, so i got you these flowers. you might be thinking why i would get you thirteen roses. well they are a symbol of our love, and once they all die, our love will die. i love and miss you, jenna.

love,
your amazing boyfriend, blake

•••

~•~Two weeks later~•~

I sat in my bedroom along with Blake and I's best friend, Joey, watching as the second to last rose shriveled and died.

"He can't be gone! I'm not ready to move on yet!" I cried into my his embrace.

"You have to, Jenna," Joey said.

I held the last rose in my hands as I noticed something about it.

"Joey, why is this rose fake?" I ask in confusion.

"I can't believe you just noticed, Jenna!" he laughed. "Blake wanted me to give you this once you found out that it was fake."

Joey handed over an envolope. I took the note out of it, and started to read:

Dear Jenna,

You've finally found out that the last rose was fake. well, when they gave you the roses, i told you that once they all died, my love for you would too. that's the thing, this rose will never die, like my love for you, Jenna. even though you can't see me, im still there with you. Jenna, you are an amazing, beautiful girl, and i know for a fact that you're going to move on from me and find someone else. i just want you to remember that i'll be with you every step of the way on your journey. cheer up, jenna because you will do everything we've always wanted to do with someone else who will love you just as much as i did. I love you, babe...forever and always.

Love,
Blake

There it was. The last thing I will ever receive from Blake. But that's entirely not true. He will love me everyday, and I will fall in love with him more and more.

•••

THIS ONE'S FOR jennaorlove HOPE YOU LIKE IT! AND THANK YOU GUYS FOR 65K ALREADY!!!!!! XXX
AND I CAN'T ANSWER MY MESSAGES SO DM ME @EMBRACINGSARTORIUS ON INSTAGRAM!!!! AND THE REQUESTS ARE STILL OPEN!!!!