13 | Blake Gray

Y/n's P.O.V.

As 2016 was coming to an end and 2017 was soon to be here, I sat at the lake with my best friend, Blake. Every New Years Eve, Blake and I watch the fireworks from a distance while counting down the last few seconds. It's kind of our tradition that we started ever since we were little.

Blake and I were sitting on a blanket, looking up at the stars, feeling the breeze lightly brush my face. He put his arm around my neck as I placed my head on his chest. We were re-calling our favorite moments 2016 whilst cuddling and cracking up.

After ten minutes of pretty much dying, the first firework bursted out into the sky. Many more followed that one.

"You look so beautiful, Y/n," Blake smiled, looking into my eyes.

"Thank you, Blake," I nervously say, not knowing how to react to my best friend and crush calling me beautiful. Maybe he has feelings for me too.

We both looked back up at the intriguing bursts of colors that was happening in the dark sky. Blake pulled me into a hug as we heard the crowds of people counting down.

"5!"

"4!"

"3!"

"2!"

"1!"

"Happy New Years!"

In that moment, I felt Blake's cold, but soft hand turn my face. He stared into my eyes for a few seconds before crashing his lips on mine. We pull away, and I cuddle back up to his chest.

"Happy New Years, Y/n," Blake whispered in my ear, causing me to form a smile on my face.